Basic, Silly Question

evanskl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Trying to understand some basic stuff..........

When I run a "Check Switch"......... Where is the switch? In the receiver or in the dish/LNB?

Part of the Dish set-up, not the receiver. Check switch does just that - checks that the switch switches between Sats and transponders.

Thanks Tampa8, having trouble with the KVH R4 on my motor home. Had some work done on it and now when I run a check switch it shows SW44.....use to show SW42. I'm still have problems though.....constantly searching......just trying to make head or tails of it.

The switch is built into the lnb.Sw 42 (4 inputs 2 outputs) sw44 (4in 4out)

Thanks Tampa8, having trouble with the KVH R4 on my motor home. Had some work done on it and now when I run a check switch it shows SW44.....use to show SW42. I'm still have problems though.....constantly searching......just trying to make head or tails of it.

SW42 and SW44 were LEGACY switches and both were external switches after the LNBs not built into them. Do a google search for "DISH SW42 switch" it should bring up information and pictures of the switch. Seeing the switch is frequently exposed to the weather it frequently is the problem.

Last edited:
SW42 and SW44 were LEGACY switches and both were external switches after the LNBs not built into them. Do a google search for "DISH SW42 switch" it should bring up information and pictures of the switch. Seeing the switch is frequently exposed to the weather it frequently is the problem.

I still have a some legacy lnbs and the switch is built into the quads and twins and are listed in the menu as Sw42 44

There are external switches as well just stating that some are built into the lnbs.

I still have a some legacy lnbs and the switch is built into the quads and twins and are listed in the menu as Sw42 44

There are external switches as well just stating that some are built into the lnbs.
You may be right my mrmory said a Twin tested as a Twin and a Quad tested as a Quad. I no longer have any in use though I may still have some in the garage but I don't think it is worth setting one up just so I can test it.

You may be right my mrmory said a Twin tested as a Twin and a Quad tested as a Quad. I no longer have any in use though I may still have some in the garage but I don't think it is worth setting one up just so I can test it.

You are correct they do list in the menu as twin and quad.Changes when a sw21 is added to the mix for a wing.

Hopefully haven't caused to much confusion..To the op ...You should have an external switch somewhere between the receiver and lnb.

Below is a picture of an Sw44

sw-44.jpg