Basic Zinwell Switch Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobinchico

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
My sister used to have the HD receiver with no DVR with a Zinwell Switch at the receiver. I bought them, on ebay, the HR20 700. It only came with one Zinwell Switch. I used the Zinwell Switch from the previous receiver to go with the one sent with the new receiver for the two inputs into the 700. Is this correct? Do I have to have two Zinwell switches to the 700. It's a 5LNB dish if that is of any help also. If so, I now don't have a Zinwell Switch to send back with the original receiver.

When I called tech support and was pushed up the totem pole to advanced tech support I was told the Zinwell Switch was to keep the locals from being too powerful. Is that correct? What would be the result if only one Zinwell switch was connected to the 700?

I am not fully comprehending what you are stating. But the only multiswitch you need with the 5LNB dish is the Zinwell WB68, if the Zinwell switch you are talking about is another model it will not work. If you need more than 8 outputs from the 5LNB you will need to look at the Zinwell WB616.

I am not fully comprehending what you are stating. But the only multiswitch you need with the 5LNB dish is the Zinwell WB68, if the Zinwell switch you are talking about is another model it will not work. If you need more than 8 outputs from the 5LNB you will need to look at the Zinwell WB616.

I thought I was pretty straightforward in my first post. There are only 4 outputs from the 5LNB. Does the HR20 700 need to have a B Band Converter (BBC) Module (for Ka-Lo Band up-conversion) on each input line, at the receiver? One was on the non-DVR HD receiver.

I thought I was pretty straightforward in my first post. There are only 4 outputs from the 5LNB. Does the HR20 700 need to have a B Band Converter (BBC) Module (for Ka-Lo Band up-conversion) on each input line, at the receiver? One was on the non-DVR HD receiver.

You will eventually need one B-Band Converter for each tuner, that will handle MPEG4, not the older receivers.

You will eventually need one B-Band Converter for each tuner, that will handle MPEG4, not the older receivers.

Thanks, If I understand you correctly I can remove one of the two B-Band Converters on the two inputs to the HR20 700. If so, does it matter if its is to Sat 1 or Sat 2. On their original layout (purchased last Aug), of the three receivers they have, only the HD receiver had the B-Band Converter. Sending back the original HD receiver and moving an existing DVR receiver (will only use one input) to that location. Setup new 700 at location with two inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts