Battery Preference

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Consumer Reports consistently ranks the Costco house brand alkaline batteries as their Best Buy. I buy them in bulk, both AA and AAA . Of course, that does you no good if you don't patronize Costco. :)

Or if there's no Costco in your State, much less town....LOL

Or if there's no Costco in your State, much less town....LOL

I was going to say the same ;) ...

According to someone I know who works in electronics at a Sams Club, Costco is considering locations in the Metro New Orleans area. I'm not sure if there are any places in the nation where they co-exist with Sams Club...

Yes as a matter of fact, we have both Sams Club and Costco (was Priceclub) out here.
I have a Costco maybe three miles away.
Used to carry their card and did buy their Kirkland brand batteries, many years ago.
Don't really shop enough now, to justify membership.
Have been in Sams Club stores; they're about the same, but again you need membership.

As for rechargeable batteries, I ran multiple sets of NiMh AA and AAA cells for my flashlights, some years back.
I got tired of the recharging, and the self-discharge.
They were often half-dead whenever I needed 'em, and had to swap batteries.
I'd never use 'em in remotes; couldn't stand the maintenance.
But glad to hear they've improved over the ears. :up

Yes as a matter of fact, we have both Sams Club and Costco (was Priceclub) out here.
I have a Costco maybe three miles away.
Used to carry their card and did buy their Kirkland brand batteries, many years ago.
Don't really shop enough now, to justify membership.
Have been in Sams Club stores; they're about the same, but again you need membership.

As for rechargeable batteries, I ran multiple sets of NiMh AA and AAA cells for my flashlights, some years back.
I got tired of the recharging, and the self-discharge.
They were often half-dead whenever I needed 'em, and had to swap batteries.
I'd never use 'em in remotes; couldn't stand the maintenance.
But glad to hear they've improved over the ears. :up
We belong to both Sam's Club and Costco, and regularly shop for very different products at both places. We get back our membership fees on just a few items regularly purchased. Costco is definitely more "upscale" than Sam's and consequently has more temptations in it's inventory ! :)

I know I'm off topic, But,when you're in Costco to buy batteries pickup a rotisserie chicken (least then 5 bucks), it is delicious, One of Costco's best buys.

I know I'm off topic, But,when you're in Costco to buy batteries pickup a rotisserie chicken (least then 5 bucks), it is delicious, One of Costco's best buys.
Aren't those battery driven rotisseries? And they also have them at both Sams Club AND at Safeway (Vons) stores.

Ah, yes, I remember going from Sams to Costco when I lived in So CA (Torrance) and ever since we moved to Golden Valley I have to stay with Sams, we don't have a close Costco (Las Vegas = 90 miles away) but there IS a "Kirkland Avenue" right down the street from us. If only we could get a Costco here in Kingman or Bullhead City/Laughlin area, that would be PERFECT.

Photto

I use Lithium batteries in most of my electronics except for devices that use C or D cells.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)