Battery replacement?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
My iPhone 5 is beginning to act flaky. For example, it dropped from 90+% to 56% after taking 3 pictures, and the next think I knew it was at 1% then shutting down. It has several times dropped from 19% or so to below 10% almost immediately, and then even lower, even shutting itself off sometimes. I charge it at least every night. Used more for surfing than talking or texting.

I believe I have a few more months in it. But I seem to recall that Apple shifted to where you could walk in to an Apple Store, and hand over the iPhone and they would replace the battery right there, for about $100. Does anybody know if this is true? Calling the Apple Store got someone who wanted me to make a Genius appointment - just to find out how it works! Wasn't a genius that answered the phone.

Thank you. I can understand a Genius Appointment to replace the battery, but not just to learn the process.

Which iPhone did you replace the battery in? Remember how long the original one lasted?

I have an iPhone 5. I had the same problem you described: the battery would drop more than it should've. I think I had the issue since early last year & should've replaced it while under warranty, but just kept procrastinating until Feb. of this year.

If you haven't already done it, Apple has a way to diagnose the battery on their site. I can't find it, maybe you'll have better luck. Basically, they send an email, you open it on your iPhone, it performs the diagnostic & Apple will let you make an appointment.

Great. I'll look for that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have an iPhone 5. I had the same problem you described: the battery would drop more than it should've. I think I had the issue since early last year & should've replaced it while under warranty, but just kept procrastinating until Feb. of this year.

If you haven't already done it, Apple has a way to diagnose the battery on their site. I can't find it, maybe you'll have better luck. Basically, they send an email, you open it on your iPhone, it performs the diagnostic & Apple will let you make an appointment.

Well, I sure can't find it. Even the App Store only has level of charge indicators and tips on extending battery life. I can't find anything that tests the battery to see if it's nearing replacement.

Good move. THANK YOU!

I went there and did a CHAT. They sent me to diags:// followed by the ticket number, and did a Quick check. THEY see the results, not me. They agreed that the battery needs replacement AND that it is still covered under my AppleCare Plus warranty! AND they made a Genius appt for me for this afternoon. NOW to see if they will replace it in the store. Because I can't be without my phone right now.

Again, THANK YOU very much!

They said it would take 30 minutes, it took an hour. So what, I'm happy! Under warranty! FREE!

Well, built in to the high price I initially paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)