Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

This was a good episode but the next one looks even better.

That is becoming a problem... They make the previews look so good. Like last week they totally spoofed us with the preview.

Ok this preview we see TY telling Adama he is a cylon.

Will this really happen or will it be an unbelieved rant or joke or dream sequence?

I think they love to toy with us and see the net light up in endless speculation. I personally believe they are going to somehow save the last Cylon now until one of the last episodes. It is way more suspenseful not knowing who they are going to name. It would have probably been a let down if Roslynn was a cylon.

I also think it would be too early for Ty to be revieled. Will be interesting to see how it is handled. Perhaps this episode softened up Roslynn and she will not shoot Ty on site...

My gawd, that rocked!

Can't wait til next year...it's going to be a really long wait too...

And we still don't know who the fifth one is...

Can't believe Baltar reasoned so well with Deanna either. Earth looks pretty dang harsh too...and why is it all trashed/nuked/radioactive?

Wow I did not expect the final 4 to gives themselves up so fast. Also interesting to note Deanna said the 5th is not with the fleet.

When they go to earth I was having bad flash backs to old BSG where they had to accellerate Earth's technology. I was hoping they were not going to lead us down that path again.

I loved Adama's reaction to Ty's admission.

Why did the cylons just give Deanna full control of everything? She did not do anything the cylons came forth on their own.

Well perhaps 10 episodes left to figure out what happened at the planet they are at (if it is really earth) and somehow figure out how to survive. They still need to find the 5th and we needs so many answers still for "All will be revieled".

This must have been some master plan to have Ty in place over 30 years not even knowing he was a cylon...

I dont know how to do the 'hide spoiler' thing. So I will just say it was a great ending to get people to want to know whats coming next. We know more now. But knowing more seems to have created more questions than answers. All I can say is that this 1 hour was much much better than the 4 hours of the Andromeda Strain remake I had on my DVR.

3 hours, really, if you skip through the commercials, and no, the remake wasn't anywhere near as good as the original, I agree.

I'm wishing they'd done a 90-minute episode - not that they didn't pack enough bang into the 45-minutes they had, but I wanted more. :)

Well...
Unlike the last seconds of season 3, it was not obvious whether the planet is in fact Earth. At least I didn't see any continental formations I recognized.

Yep, I agree with Pepper...
I don't believe that's Earth. If it is, something really bad happened...maybe the other Cylons got there first and nuked it?

No, if Kara is the "Harbinger of Death", as two hybrids have said, then there's more in store beyond this toasted planet.

This is just the first half of the fourth (and final) season.

Regardless of if it is or isn't Earth, it should be interesting to see how this plays out. When they DO find Earth, is it our distant past, present day, near or distant future?

I won't dare to speculate in this area, there's just not enough (i.e. absolutely nothing) to go on. Oh, nothing, that is, except for that one-second reveal at the end of season three. As I remember, North America looked pretty much like it does right now, so that tends to suggest the events are in the recent past to near future range - close to present day, geologically speaking. If it were distant past pre-human-history, or distant future, what we saw would have probably looked different due to continental drift.

Whatever turns out, I'm pretty confident it won't be some sort of preachy "yes, this is Earth but we got here too late, the people were greedy and wasteful, this is the result of global warming, economic collapse and unjustified war."

I'm pretty confident it won't be some sort of preachy "yes, this is Earth but we got here too late, the people were greedy and wasteful, this is the result of global warming, economic collapse and unjustified war."
I'm betting the odds are that the cylon/human war originated on Earth and moved to the colonies, rather than the other way around.

One thing to remember is the virus they found that killed cylons. That wasn't of colonial manufactor.

I'm betting the odds are that the cylon/human war originated on Earth and moved to the colonies, rather than the other way around.

One thing to remember is the virus they found that killed cylons. That wasn't of colonial manufactor.
Oh wow. That scenario hadn't even considered the slightest possibility of entering my mind. My brain hurts thinking about that one. And only what, six months or so to go?

Did it look like the earth had been destroyed for some time or freshly destroyed? So if this is earth in the distant future or near future how will they resolve the ending? Time travel has never been mentioned on the show but I can imagine if this was STarTrek ,they would just time travel by slingshot around the sun and prevent the earth from dieing in some kind of nuclear war. I thought all alone that once they arrived at earth it would be in our distant past and that they would become our ancestors -both cylons and humans. But that could still happen if they find a way to travel back in time to the distant past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)