Bayamon Puerto Rico OTA Antenna Question

Danny this is the Cable that has to be used to connects to the anntena box it needs one end from the picture and the other end coaxial

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-161919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-161919_Chrome.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 147
Danny this is the Cable that has to be used to connects to the anntena box it needs one end from the picture and the other end coaxial

Thank you for getting it working for them. They got more channels than what I thought. How long does the cable needs to be? That one cable will get them the channels from the antenna on the rest of the TV's?

Will this work and then use whatever length of coax needed? How many do they need?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-165459.png
    Screenshot_20190921-165459.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20190921-165508.png
    Screenshot_20190921-165508.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 126
Yes the cable has to be with one male adapter to connect the box that they have in the room and the other end with the coaxial connection for the second tv. .
I did not measure from that room to that other room

How many of those adapters would you need? And how many coax cables and approximate length? I can order it and have shipped to them priority mail. I only wanted the antenna info to what connection it needed. The adapters are for the TV's, because they are old and don't have coax connection or because the antenna has a DTB connection and you need to convert it to coax?

How many of those adapters would you need? And how many coax cables and approximate length? I can order it and have shipped to them priority mail. I only wanted the antenna info to what connection it needed. The adapters are for the TV's, because they are old and don't have coax connection or because the antenna has a DTB connection and you need to convert it to coax?
The cable that comens with the antenna goes to a box that is in the room and it has to to input female adapters.
The antenna only came with one male adpater connctors cable to coaxial
You need to send them i think for the rooms a 40 feet cable that has in one end a coaxial cable terminal and the other end the male adapter

The cable that comens with the antenna goes to a box that is in the room and it has to to input female adapters.
The antenna only came with one male adpater connctors cable to coaxial
You need to send them i think for the rooms a 40 feet cable that has in one end a coaxial cable terminal and the other end the male adapter

I spoke with my parents in law to get all the info correct. The dish and the antenna are both on the same side of the house. I was trying to make sense of the adapters and connections. You really don't need adapters or a second antenna.

You can connect all three TV's with the one connection you have going to the current TV with a three way splitter. Connect that single antenna coax to the splitter and the three going out to the rest of the TV's. You don't really need to use the two other connections that come with the antenna box. The dish that they currently have may have that 3 way splitter and you can remove the splitter from the dish, connect the antenna to splitter and then the 3 TV's. They don't need the dish splitter, since they are going to cancel it and use the antenna only.

I can give you my number if our communication may not be clear.

I spoke with my parents in law to get all the info correct. The dish and the antenna are both on the same side of the house. I was trying to make sense of the adapters and connections. You really don't need adapters or a second antenna.

You can connect all three TV's with the one connection you have going to the current TV with a three way splitter. Connect that single antenna coax to the splitter and the three going out to the rest of the TV's. You don't really need to use the two other connections that come with the antenna box. The dish that they currently have may have that 3 way splitter and you can remove the splitter from the dish, connect the antenna to splitter and then the 3 TV's. They don't need the dish splitter, since they are going to cancel it and use the antenna only.

I can give you my number if our communication may not be clear.
That is what i am.trying to you that cable that comes from.the antena in the end its not coaxal its a male adapter and you need to put in the antenna box in the room it will not work with the three splitter. Those types of antennas dont work like that. You need to connect the additional cable to the box with the male adapter.
I tried with my antennas and without that box it will not work. Send me your number and i will call you.
Also is the power is not on on that box. It will have no signal. That box in the room is were you need to connect

Last edited:
It needs to work like in the picture

You need to send them a male adapter that connects to that box that they have in the room and in the other end with a cable that you send them of if they have it can be used be the need to male adapter to coaxial.
But that antenna needs to work the way the picture shows
Otherwise with a splitter it wont work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-213903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-213903_Chrome.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 159
It needs to work like in the picture

You need to send them a male adapter that connects to that box that they have in the room and in the other end with a cable that you send them of if they have it can be used be the need to male adapter to coaxial.
But that antenna needs to work the way the picture shows
Otherwise with a splitter it wont work

I get what you're saying. The cable that is now connected to the TV is coaxial? If it's coaxial.. the splitter would go there and not before the antenna box. I have installed 3 of those similar antenna, but in my case all the connections were coaxial. All 3 had antenna boxes that supply power to the motor and the antenna to boost the signal.

If the connection to the current working TV is coaxial then use the splitter there.

Its been a little over a year now and my parents in law are supposedly are getting about 2 local channels recently. I am guessing it has to do with the instalation. From the picture my father in law took..... It looks like the antenna is being held by shoe laces and duck tape. The shoe laces and the tape will corrode and the antenna will eventually easily move by wind. I am guessing that the reason they are getting two channels is most likely that the antenna has probably fallen. Its hard to get someone there to install the antenna properly. I tried googling Over the Air antenna installers in Puerto Rico and nothing comes up... Just Dish Installers. Can someone who is close to Bayamon PR or anyone who lives there who can provide me with the info on a person who can get this antenna up and working.

Attachments

• IMG_20190923_115506103.jpg
    IMG_20190923_115506103.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20190923_115715480_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190923_115715480_HDR.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20190923_115740711_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20190923_115740711_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2020-11-18 Photo - Google Photos.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-18 Photo - Google Photos.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 132
This is an amplified Chinese antenna, the amplifier in the antenna may have failed, cutting off most of the signal from the antenna. They are probably only getting signal that leaks in through the cable.

TV signals in Bayamon are pretty strong but come from almost every direction from 101 to 242 degrees.

This might be a good application for an omni directional antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)