dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
I just got this email from Dish:

?Dear Dan,

Blockbuster @Home™ gives you access to thousands of movies on TV, On Demand and On-the-Go. Whether you’re watching at home or on your favorite device with dishanywhere.com or the DISH Anywhere app, Blockbuster @Home™ brings you more movies in more places.We hope you have been enjoying all of the movies available to you right now, including Skyfall and The Hunger Games on EPIX (chs. 380-382) and The Hurt Locker and The Social Network on Fox Movie Channel (ch. 384).

As of September 19th, 2013, Blockbuster @Home™ will no longer include DVDs or games by mail. You continue to have access to all of the other great features included in Blockbuster @Home™, now offering 15 movie channels and 6 entertainment channels, including EPIX® (chs. 380-382), STARZ® Cinema (ch. 353), Sony Movie Channel (ch. 386) and Hallmark Movie Channel (ch. 187). Plus you get thousands of hours of movies and shows streamed to your TV, computer or tablet!

To learn more about what’s included in Blockbuster @Home™, please visit mydish.com/blockbuster.

If you would like to make any changes to your subscription, please visit mydish.com/myprogrammingor call 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

Ouch. I just cancelled it last week. Slow mailing, just can't compete with Redbox and a lot of the Blu-ray stuff not on Redbox makes it to Netflix in HD streaming. I dont use the channels enough to justify the $10.

Yep. Just got the same email a few minutes ago.

Meh. Whatever. I have not really used the mail portion lately, and really, who did not see this coming a mile away? Dish really needs just put the Blockbuster brand to bed, already. It's done.

With that being said, they could throw us a bone, and offered FMC in HD, or something.

Otherwise, if I want new releases, personally, there is literally a Redbox kiosk 10 minute walk down the street.

So since I have a BB still open by me that ends the exchange part as well? since part of it is having to have a DVD mailed to me to exchange

Im wondering if this isnt a signal of the end for BB mailing all together?

I kind of hope not. I have a Blockbuster by Mail account currently on suspension. I've had it since before they were bought by Dish.

I dust it off once in a while and activate it whenever I really want to see a movie that's not being shown in my Dish Network package.

The writing had been on the wall for quite sometime.I enjoyed the PS3 games from Jan till July.Glad I didn't renew now.

Well if this ends in store exchanges (I am assuming it does) no reason to go to my local BB

Just received the same email. Not a surprise to me but I am curious as to what the pricing structure will be to retain the channels....$10, same as getting the current channels plus one disc??? Should at the least drop it in half OR bring better and more current constant to BB on demand. Otherwise, not worth it for the one or two channels we watch very occasionally.

DAMN! As Radar would say, H E double toothpicks!

The only e-mail I got was one saying they were received my returned disc and were about to send me my next DVD.

I MUCH prefer optical media. The PQ on the discs for SG-1 is FAR better than the 4x3 SD I get via Amazon Prime. Trick plays work much better. Online from Dish I only find the Stargate movie, nothing on the SG-1 series. $70 to buy the series from Amazon. That ain't gonna happen.

I'll have to ask my wife if she's all that much into Crime & Investigation ch 249. If not, and she's not enamoured of any of the 21 channels (I've already decided I can do without), then when the discs go, I'll drop BB@H. I"m royally "peeved" and they haven't even given us much warning. Thankfully, Amazon Instant Video has all Stargates free for Prime members.

This has GOT to cost them a lot of ill will. Even from folks that didn't think it worked all that well.

I just do not understand why Dish is still pushing Blockbuster brand. Time to drop the brand. Rename the package to Hollywood@Home, Movies@Home, or something. Even something generic would be better than attaching a dead brand to themselves. I mean, I get Dish spend a lot of money on the Blockbuster bankruptcy a couple of years ago, and they feel the need to justify the purchase, but it's time to stop the pretense. Blockbuster is dead, and continuing to push the brand would be like if Apple or Samsung purchased/pushed the Kodak brand, and renamed/branded their camera the Kodak Kapture, or something. It just would not work, same as it is not working with Blockbuster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts