bbc radio one

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

I currently have XM, but I love this channel, does anyone listen to this on their Sirius unit, and if so, how is the quality and do they broadcast the british commercials too??

RB

havent listened recently but I think they do broadcast the commercials too. They are on a 5 hr delay (so whatever time it is in England, thats what time they play it in New York)

The quality is the same as the other Sirius music channels.

As Iceburg said, it is on delay, so you get the morning show in the morning, ect.

One think I don't like is that they do not display artist & title.

have any of you switched from XM to Sirius?? I have XM, but music is music but O and A are starting to wear on me, Stern, he hasnt done anything good in 10 years..but I love the Chris Moyles show...I might have to get a cheep receiver and give it a shot

I have both so I have a lot of options when someone gets boring.

When O&A get old, I flip over to the Monsters or Glenn Beck. I rarely flip to Stern.

dont listen to Stern...do listen to Bubba the Love Sponge though :)

As mwgiii noted, they dont list artist info when they play songs :(

theslag said:
have any of you switched from XM to Sirius?? I have XM, but music is music but O and A are starting to wear on me, Stern, he hasnt done anything good in 10 years..but I love the Chris Moyles show...I might have to get a cheep receiver and give it a shot

I did about 14 - 18 months ago (maybe longer) . Never looked back or regretted it.

Last edited:
theslag said:

I just switched last month. Best decision that I made!

I enjoy the overall content better, more sports selections. When I first switched XM had a base price then stuff I wanted was an add-on cost which I didn't like even thought it was only like $2 more per month. Now the costs are the same, but the content is better for me with Sirius.

Before they announced that they were adding commercials I was thinking of switching because I didn't like their music. Also, it was the final straw that broke the camel's back when they announced they were going to be putting commercials on the radio. I am so happy I made the move. You can get a 3 day free trial online of Sirius to see if you like their music at sirius.com.

Their are no commercials on BBC Radio 1 ... In the UK people pay a BBC license fee of about 12 USD a month. that fee covers most the the cost of where commercials would be needed.

I have recently been listening to Sirius channel 11 (Radio One) getting ready for the Red Hot Chili Peppers next week.

Red Hot Chili Peppers Perform on BBC Radio 1
Mon 4/17 7:00 pm ET
SIRIUS is taking you "Around the World" to experience the Red Hot Chili Peppers new album, Stadium Arcadium, before it hits stores! Hear an exclusive BBC Radio 1 performance by the band from a secret location in the U.K. It’s the next best thing to being at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert and you’re only going to hear it on SIRIUS!

I subscribe to XM and like them much better than Sirius. I have Sirius on Dish and find that they don't even compaire and stink compaired to XM. They use to have channels that I liked but they replaced them with garbage boring channels. Even gave my uncle my extra XM receiver and he is starting to listen to that and never listens to Sirius on the TV.

As for BBC Radio. I never put it on. It is no subistude for a Remix channel that Sirius once had. XM Dance is way better.

MikeyCouture said:
Their are no commercials on BBC Radio 1 ... In the UK people pay a BBC license fee of about 12 USD a month. that fee covers most the the cost of where commercials would be needed.

And we pay over $40 for cable of satellite and they show more commercials than our free over the air stations. (Even BBC America show too many stupid annoying commericals) I would rather pay $12 a month to get it all ad free. Commercials, car ads, prescription drug ads, product ads, informmercials, movie ads and more sux the big one.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts