BBCAHD.....

Not just English

This i have to agree with 100%. I am one of 5 kids, big gap between myself an the next 4 down (12 years). I went to a school that actually taught me English with some semblance of literacy. My brothers and sisters though went to the local schools and they are terrible.

We communicate via facebook and there is not a single occasion when their status isn't missing words, punctuation or just using entirely the wrong words. Its sad, but their written word makes them sound dumb when they most certainly are not.

An Hispanic Myspace musician friend that's about 17 to 18 is cute, sings well but she is always writing blogs that make her sound like she didn't get out of 8th grade.

But to be honest. All the UK languages are turning into crap languages. Because they are not taught properly.

Langauge is a living thing, for good or bad it will evolve, look at all modern langauges, english inlcuded, it came from another language.

So saying they are not taught properly is a generation thing.

I for one as an english (london) person, find geordie's hard to understand, but it's still english.

Last edited:
What's the next milestone, Tech Forum in August? Maybe it will make it by then. If not, then we have something to ask about. :rolleyes:
They do not take Programming questions on Tech Forum (they do announced new channels, but not anything that has not already been announced in a press release.)

If you notice that not one provider has signed up for BBC America HD, despite the opportunity to "get a leg up on the competition", clearly demonstrates that BBC America has continued to significantly overvalue its properties (which also explains why BBC World is not found on any US provider either).

They do not take Programming questions on Tech Forum (they do announced new channels, but not anything that has not already been announced in a press release.)

If you notice that not one provider has signed up for BBC America HD, despite the opportunity to "get a leg up on the competition", clearly demonstrates that BBC America has continued to significantly overvalue its properties (which also explains why BBC World is not found on any US provider either).

I'm sure it's been getting enough attention that I would not be surprised if the Tech Forum addresses it straight off to stem more questions on the subject. I think that would be smart on their part, considering the immediacy of the problem and the long intervals between Charlie Chats. DN might also consider sending out emails on the subject.
But such open communications to their subscribers may cause some with weak hearts to suffer serious consequences.

BBC became a loose cannon in raising expectations before any negotiations were even underway.
They admitted this error in judgment, but it certainly may reflect an overvaluation of their part.

I'm waiting impatiently as well. When I get a free moment I call DN to let them know continuously that we need this channel added. !protest

I'm waiting impatiently as well. When I get a free moment I call DN to let them know continuously that we need this channel added. !protest
Yeh, that's working well. And BTW, they usually know when the same person is calling over and over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)