BCK Gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I am a BCK installer and was told today that BCK Communications has either lost its license or is just closing as of tomorrow 1/6/07. I hear that this is nationwide... I know we are closing, but is it true that it is nationwide and that they lost the license?

I am a BCK installer and was told today that BCK Communications has either lost its license or is just closing as of tomorrow 1/6/07. I hear that this is nationwide... I know we are closing, but is it true that it is nationwide and that they lost the license?

its true, got the phone call from the DOM early this afternoon. all operations are finished as of sat 1-6.

sucks cause i was about to teach a ka/ku class and make some easy money.

from what im told directv was going to absorb them but decided against it. and they denied contrac renewal because of poor phone line connection percentages. what a fantastic reason to destroy the lives of a couple thousand people.

greedmongers

Do a BBB, a consumer complaint or a RipOff Report search on the company and you will have all the TRUE answers you will need. That is not saying you or your local company do the same as the majority, but the bad apples seem to have ruined it for the rest of you.

Do a BBB, a consumer complaint or a RipOff Report search on the company and you will have all the TRUE answers you will need. That is not saying you or your local company do the same as the majority, but the bad apples seem to have ruined it for the rest of you.

well from what i searched (all 3 of your recomendations) i found at most 20 complaints.

statistically its not that bad. our local office (pittsburgh) completed just over 3600 jobs last year. if all of these complaints were aimed at our local office specificaly that would be 180 jobs completed per 1 complaint. but it isnt aimed at our office and at the company in general which had between 3000 and 4000 subs. so we are talking about complaints being filed in the 1 in 1000+ jobs area.

i am not hack nor are any of the other installers i knew in the pittsburgh office. i can personally vouch for frank and scott as two of the better humans i have known in life, if even not that well. we had people from the cleveland office come down to help raise our capacities here and there and they did a fine job on thier installs.

all of you are so quik to point the finger and say everyone who works for a larger company is a hack. hell they have to be or they would be as smart as the rest of you making that big money right? but the simple fact of the matter is there are NOT as many hacks as you might lead yourself to believe. and a couple rotten apples did NOT spoil it for the rest of the bunch. i think its high time for people to stop being a bunch of pre-madonna's and realize the small percentage of hacks in the world arent the problem, the company behind it all is the problem.

bck's contract was not renewed because our phone line connection percentage's where abysmal (although not soley). not because we didnt use rubbers or make drip loops. and why were our phone line percentages that bad? because nobody in thier right mind is going to install a phone line for free, or if a customer refuses, or if they do not have a land line. i am a journeyman electrician in the states of florida and georgia and i operate in tandem an electrical contracting company in pennsylvania as well and i can safely tell you that even the highest paid people doing installs right now do not make what its worth to install telephone lines for every reciever by an industry standard.

call verizon and ask what they want to add a line in your house.

so if you all need that feeling deep down of thinking everyone who works for an msp or hsp or a large retailer is a hack to inflate your ego and think your quality of work is oh so much better then you feel free to do so, it is no bother of mine.

***edit***
and as human beings i would ask that before you run your mouths about how all us hacks did it to ourselves you think long and hard about a the couple thousand people who are going to loose thier means to feed thier kids or support thier wives because directv is a huge greedmonger crybaby thats wants things thier way.

Last edited:
btw this is what people got for 50/20 from me (with the exception we got 30 extra for a ka/ku or an international)

15.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

criticize all you want but im proud of my work.

I wonder how many people have a satellite installed for free just to avoid having to pay to have phone lines ran or installed?

call verizon and ask what they want to add a line in your house.

To install a phone jack with SBC/AT&T it is like 75 trip and 49.99 for the jack
So $ 125. overall for the 1st jack.
I would imagine that Verizon is very close to that as well.
I would not know for sure bacause I have no need to have Verizon come into my house to install jacks.

Jimbo

To install a phone jack with SBC/AT&T it is like 75 trip and 49.99 for the jack
So $ 125. overall for the 1st jack.
I would imagine that Verizon is very close to that as well.
I would not know for sure bacause I have no need to have Verizon come into my house to install jacks.

Jimbo

When my phone company (citizens) came out for a service call the guy ran another line and jack for free.

Plus the phone company and yes the cable company will go under my house for free, with the Directv installers wont go unless I pay them extra, that's a crock.

I've been lucky and everyone that came out for Directv did a good job, not a great job but a good job.

When my phone company (citizens) came out for a service call the guy ran another line and jack for free.
Gee working for free isn't my kinda game.
Your telling me that if you pick up your phone and call Citizens and tell them you want another jack put in your house, they will come out and install it for FREE ?

Jimbo

Gee working for free isn't my kinda game.
Your telling me that if you pick up your phone and call Citizens and tell them you want another jack put in your house, they will come out and install it for FREE ?

Jimbo

No, they came out for a phone problem which was free and when the guy was here I asked him how much to add another line and he said since i"m here I'll just do it.

That installer has made another deposit into his karma savings plan. He sounds like the kind of guy who will never be overdrawn at the karma bank.

He was good to me, I asked him he wanted a beer while working but said no, so I gave him some pop(soda for anyone who doesn't live in western PA).

When he was done I gave him $5, I know that's not alot but that's all the cash I had that day.

Pittsburgh? I worked there for a week. Meghan was cool as hell.

I was the QC Tech for Cleveland. The work was NOT the problem with BCK. You must be a brainwashed HSP Tech. Probably from the worst hacks and biggest thieves ever, JBM/Bluegrass satellite. THAT is a company formed off the ideals of satan himself.

BCK did lose it for phone connects. Nationally they were at 3% of all activated boxes, Directv gave them a year, and they went down in rate. Cleveland Office was actually the highest.

P.S. I didn't install 1 jack while I worked for BCK. If they didn't have an existing jack within 25 feet, it didn't get plugged in. THAT is what directv states for standard install, that is what they pay me for, that is what I do.

I WILL install a jack for 25, but choose not to advertise that.

Directv should have a program that cuts the license for a week as a warning. That way the installers would know, the installers would get a wake up call too, and it wouldn't be a sudden death knell.

Pittsburgh? I worked there for a week. Meghan was cool as hell.

I was the QC Tech for Cleveland. The work was NOT the problem with BCK. You must be a brainwashed HSP Tech. Probably from the worst hacks and biggest thieves ever, JBM/Bluegrass satellite. THAT is a company formed off the ideals of satan himself.

BCK did lose it for phone connects. Nationally they were at 3% of all activated boxes, Directv gave them a year, and they went down in rate. Cleveland Office was actually the highest.

dont know when you did your week in pgh but i think i met most of you guys when you were down here. hows the work up around your area? our area is now gutted from directv's strongarm tactics.... i imagine within a year the only way your gonna attempt to make a living installing d* is working for ironwood......if you all that a living.

i do believe im gettin out of the game and going back to electrical work. good luck to all you guys up in cleveland.

BCK was a racket

I have to agree that BCK had it coming to them. At least for the city I worked in.

I was a BCK installer in the Houston Texas area for a time. I don’t know what it was like in other cities, but the operations and conduct here in Houston were not just giving customers poor service, the manager was actually engaging in illegal activities and ordering installers to do so as well.

The modus operandi was to do ANYTHING to make the sale and get an installation to go through.

Some of the worst examples were:

1) BCK Houston manager ORDERED installers to remove any labels designating “refurbished” on TIVO receivers at the time of installation to mislead buyers into thinking they were purchasing new equipment. Outright consumer fraud.

2) BCK Houston manager ORDERED installers to pay a customer's activation fee out of their own pocket if they wanted to keep their job (This was when customers failing a credit check only had to pay $50)

3) The BCK Tampa Florida office was notorious for scheduling current DirecTV customers that had outstanding bills as new installs and, telling customers to submit a different name and phone number in order to get a new installation to avoid paying their outstanding bill. The BCK Houston manager would pressure installers to go along with this if they wanted to keep their jobs. If DirecTV later charged-back BCK for discovering such customers then BCK would pass on the charge back to the installer. This was a catch22 for many installers.

4) For customer’s that could not pass the credit check, after the $150 activation fee was instated, the BCK Houston manager told installers to have customer’s submit false credit information even if it had to be in a minor’s name. This was after the $150 activation fee for when a customer failed their credit check. The $150 activation fee was crushing BCK sales and installers were encouraged to do ANYTHING to get customers to pass it.

5) The BCK Houston manager would charge-back installers marking a customer’s residence as a “no line of sight” if another installer later performed the install. This was done regardless of the reason the original installer flagged a residence as a “no line of sight.” This was allowing the less experienced and the outright dishonest installers to do such things as sighting dishes through trees in the winter and placing satellite dishes on apartment buildings where management would forbid dish mounts on their buildings (common problem for tenants with northern facing balconies)

I could go on an on...

The bottom line was to make as many installations as possible regardless of customer service and legal considerations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)