BD hacked how long before studios abandon ship?

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Newest Slysoft AnydvdHD copies BD+ titles
Version 6.1.9.5 beta was released and now supports ripping of BD+ titles. So much for copy protection. Rip away boys!!!!!!!

FOx said it would take 10 years to hack. LMAO. Reports are SP3 BD is already up on torrent sites.

I don't think they will ever learn...

Talkstr8t in July this year:
Nothing's unhackable, but I will be shocked if BD+ is compromised in a meaningful way within the next few years
AVS Forum - View Single Post - *Rumor* Target goes blu?

Now we will have a chance to see whether this works
The benefit of BD+ is that we can change the scrambling method on a title by title basis, so they have to work on each title to break it.
Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Insiders Thread

Diogen.

EDIT: So, what is FOX going to do now, follow up on its promises
Fox Promises Expanded Blu-ray Support in 2008 | High-Def Digest
or go neutral, i.e. NOT releasing its movies in any format... (what it did for 6+ months this year)?

Last edited:
Typical of these jerks...they think they're selling the Holy Grail and will do anything to keep our grubby little hands off of it. Same thing with the writers guild strike

Skit from SNL 11/03 Weekend Update

Studio Head: It costs us 60 cents to make a DVD. And what does it cost to buy?

Amy Poehler: 30.00

Studio head: and the profit is...

Amy: 29.40

Studio Head: WRONG.....minus $18.00

Same mentality at Fox and Disney re BDs

As it stands right now, there was no confirmation that any studio except FOX uses BD+ in their releases...

Diogen.

Looks like it isn't actually cracked, just circumvented. The movie can't be re-encoded. This seems to be kinda like putting a UBar lock on the frame and neither wheel of a bicycle... you can still ride it just fine even if it isn't yours.

Looks like it isn't actually cracked, just circumvented. The movie can't be re-encoded. This seems to be kinda like putting a UBar lock on the frame and neither wheel of a bicycle... you can still ride it just fine even if it isn't yours.
The movie can be ripped to hard drive and played from a PC can it not?

Depends, define rip. You can't reencode the BD quality video into Xvid or something, but you can take the disc, remove the media from it, and play from the hard drive.

Big success for rippers, but it isn't the total victory over BD+, just a circumvention.

Same difference for most people, but certainly an important caveat.

Depends, define rip. You can't reencode the BD quality video into Xvid or something, but you can take the disc, remove the media from it, and play from the hard drive.

Big success for rippers, but it isn't the total victory over BD+, just a circumvention.

Same difference for most people, but certainly an important caveat.
Rip has always meant one thing. Copying the movie to your hard drive. I for one would much rather play movies from hard drives. They are cheap.

Rip has always meant one thing. Copying the moie to your hard drive. I for one would much rather play movies from hard drives. They are cheap.

I have to agree...

If you can put the disc in the drive. Copy it to the hard drive. Take the disc out and pack it away safe from the kid's fingernails. Then watch the same movie in the same quality then I'd say it's ripping.

And if that "ripped" movie can be shared via the internet, then i would say it has been completely compromised, regardless of whether you have it on a disk or not.

I agree too, but these are the symantics Blu-peeps are going to come back with so it was the first thing that came to mind. My idea of rip came from PC games... ripped games have generally be repackaged, sometimes even missing stuff like extra features and video. I always assumed the definition of a ripped movie was one taken from it's original media and re-encoded.

Regardless, big loss for BD+ boasters. BD+ itself is still intact, it's just been circumvented and become irrelevant.

I think they can live with ripping to a drive, its copying that they are against. The BD+ key can be cracked just like anydvd did with dvd's, BUT the BD+ allows for dynamically changing the key. It makes it tougher for sure and more of a PITA.

As someone who buys movies, I'm all for backing up but now how these people do it nowadays.

Typical of these jerks...they think they're selling the Holy Grail and will do anything to keep our grubby little hands off of it. Same thing with the writers guild strike

Skit from SNL 11/03 Weekend Update

Studio Head: It costs us 60 cents to make a DVD. And what does it cost to buy?

Amy Poehler: 30.00

Studio head: and the profit is...

Amy: 29.40

Studio Head: WRONG.....minus $18.00

Same mentality at Fox and Disney re BDs

^ sounds like a hacker.

I agree too, but these are the symantics Blu-peeps are going to come back with so it was the first thing that came to mind. My idea of rip came from PC games... ripped games have generally be repackaged, sometimes even missing stuff like extra features and video. I always assumed the definition of a ripped movie was one taken from it's original media and re-encoded.

Regardless, big loss for BD+ boasters. BD+ itself is still intact, it's just been circumvented and become irrelevant.
Well you know if they did want BD's burned why did they release BD burners to the public????:rolleyes:

PS its not the ripping they are really against, its the burning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts