BD Rot

lol, good good, you dont get it do you? whatever enjoy my facts are out there, and your just running in circles.

Yeah, we dont get it and yes your facts are out there (whatever that means). The main point is....laser rot is a process that occurs over time. With laserdiscs it sometimes took years. BD discs going bad within a matter of weeks is NOT good for a new product. Laserdisc almost died due to very bad and unclean mastering facilities (mainly Discovision [IBM/Universal partnership]) until Pioneer stepped in and took over the facilities and produced the same quality discs as they did in Japan. We are NOT running around in circles. If someone buys a movie for $30 they expect the SAME quality control as for regular DVDs they buy for half the price.

DVDs had rot. HD DVD is similar to DVD. Therefore, HD DVD may also get rot. Probably be no more of a problem than it was for DVDs. So don't gloat too much yet. It certainly is not a good sign to have rot in BDs. But the extent of the problem is unknown, as it is also unknown if HD DVDs will also have rot. Time will tell.

The facilities making DVD's have generally gotten rid of the problem due to maturity of the production lines.

But since the Blu-ray facilities are relatively new, the problem will more than likely be dealt with as efficiently as was done with DVD's.

The reason HD-DVD's haven't seen it is because their being made on the same facilities as DVD's, where the facilities are already matured. Therefore this is not the killer problem as some might think.

actually, HD DVD has seen it, according to vurbanos link.
and I quote from the link
"In April 2007 it was rumored that combo HD DVD/DVD copies of Dazed and Confused, The Breakfast Club, and The Scorpion King had encountered a similar issue" notice 2 months before Blu ray rot was discovered

My point is simply this, THIS IS NOT BLURAY ONLY-the only people who think this are the ones who want to trash Bluray and not accept that facts. Plus with Bluray this is only a small portion of the disks, unlike what other people would have you believe!

Guys, if you have a defective disc contact the store where you brought it or the studio it is from and they will replace it for you. This is not a 'problem' but a simple inconvience that can be corrected easily.

Whew, 'The sky is falling, the sky is falling". When will this stop?

DVDs had rot. HD DVD is similar to DVD. Therefore, HD DVD may also get rot. Probably be no more of a problem than it was for DVDs. So don't gloat too much yet. It certainly is not a good sign to have rot in BDs. But the extent of the problem is unknown, as it is also unknown if HD DVDs will also have rot. Time will tell.

Apparently you think people should get the facts before they decide. there is no room for that kind of thinking around here.

"In April 2007 it was rumored that combo HD DVD/DVD copies of Dazed and Confused, The Breakfast Club, and The Scorpion King had encountered a similar issue"
You do know what a rumor is? Have you seen any pictures? The BD rot is no rumor.

Once again Vurbano is grasping for straws. Getting a bit desperate hugh?
No straw grasping here, just an understanding of basic logic, of which the post had none. And my days of over priced unreliable D* HDlite will be gone on july 27th :D

Hey Vurbano, are you finally giving up on DirectTv and getting Dish?:D

sorry to turn this thread into something else everyone, but vurbano would you mind doing a little review in the Fios section? as long as you dont bash directv too much :) I am sure people would love to hear what you have to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)