be honest are you worried about corona

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Yes. Not only are old folks in danger of an early grave, but our reaction to it is triggering a global recession.

Note that I'm getting up there (in age). The death rate among diagnosed Chinese over 80 is about 15%. Presumably, due to the many mild cases which were not diagnosed, this rate is actually lower. But 15% should scare the hell out of anybody.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I’ll tell you what I told my worrying granddaughter.

You will either get it or you won’t, if you get it you will either survive it or you won’t, either way you can only use good common sense to minimize your risk.

So yeah, it is fine to think about the possibilities, but not to the point of panic, which is the biggest problem with it right now. Hoarding of many things isn’t helping either! They tell us older folks to hunker down, but that’s hard to do when you need food and other things since the stores are lacking in so many things. I’m OK for now, but if the situation for replenishing supplies when needed doesn’t change, how long will that be true?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Am I worried? Yes, but more for my Wife than myself!!

There has been some success in China, Australia and South Korea treating COVID-19 with Hydroxychloroquine, aka, generic name Plaquenil. FYI, I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and have been taking Hydroxychloroquine for that since November of 2019 so I'm not as worried for myself as I am for my darling Wife.

That and hopefully they will develop a vaccination for it sooner rather than later and from what I've read, clinical trials were started last week.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Yes. Wife and I both must work and are exposed to many.

I’d feel better if we were at home full time. Could probably go a couple of months without leaving the house.

My MiL is 88, IIRC, and is due to come visit us. I think we’ll cancel that trip, to minimize her risks of travel. No visitors allowed where she lives.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I'm worried more about my loved ones than about myself,

I have a cousin who lives in Rome, Italy, and so far she and her family are doing good, but I understand, it is very disrupting to say the least to be forced now by law to stay inside.

I was just reading the latest report about the number of deaths in Italy breaking a record, with 475 in just one day, now the tally is exceeding 3,000 deths, truly sad.

• Sad

907TECH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2018
Alaska

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
Coronavirus Cure May Have Been Found – And Researchers May Have Discovered It In Australia

Yep, now there's a "reliable source"...

"About Patriot Journal"

"Patriot Journal is dedicated to giving America-loving patriots access to the news the mainstream media won’t report. We aim to give our readers the right perspective on the political news of the day, no matter how unpopular it may be, written by hardworking Americans for hardworking Americans."

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Yep, now there's a "reliable source"...

"About Patriot Journal"

"Patriot Journal is dedicated to giving America-loving patriots access to the news the mainstream media won’t report. We aim to give our readers the right perspective on the political news of the day, no matter how unpopular it may be, written by hardworking Americans for hardworking Americans."
It's being reported all over the news now, not just there. Why not check before discounting a source just due to its name.

navychop

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Not seeing it on BBC, CNN, HuffPost or Apple News. Nowhere else I’ve looked, actually.

If this was genuine, don’t you think they’d be shouting it from on high, and everyone would be covering it?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Not seeing it on BBC, CNN, HuffPost or Apple News. Nowhere else I’ve looked, actually.

If this was genuine, don’t you think they’d be shouting it from on high, and everyone would be covering it?
Perhaps maybe the mainstream news finds it in their vested interest of creating panic, by hiding the info?;

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Definitely worried. My wife and I both have health issues. Our son is home from school so that's a plus but our daughter runs the service desk at the grocery store in our area. Daily sales have been double or better since the panic buying started and when the lines get backed up the overflow goes to her. Many people's attitudes have not been good with the shortages. We can see the stress when she gets home. She has the next couple of days off but wondering what she will return to. :(

• Sad

navychop

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Might not have to worry about that. There might not be one available to you.....

Milan stopped putting people over 60 on ventilators....

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts