be honest are you worried about corona

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
This says 45.7.......https://www.statista.com/statistics/569096/average-age-of-the-population-in-italy/
Depends how you read stats

In 2018, people aged between 45 and 54 years represented the largest part of population in Italy, counting in total 9.7 million individuals. The group of children aged up to two years were roughly 1.4 million, the less numerous among all the presented groups.Jan 14, 2020

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
How life is up here...

Been "isolated" going on week 3. The wife and I are both lucky to be able to work remotely. A lot of people have been laid off (wouldnt be surprised if its in the low millions by now), other workers had their salaries cut. One friend's employer took advantage of the situation (thats another discussion but what a prick). The neighbour owns a niche small taco restaurant downtown. He's been closed for about 2 weeks now...unless he gets help for the government i don't know how he'll recover.

Schools are closed until May 1st at the earliest. All stores/restaurants/parks/cinemas...everything is closed for another 3 weeks minimum except for essential services, take out/delivery, grocery stores, gas stations and ironically, the liquor store. Example.. McDonalds' drive-thru is open while the main doors are locked, no cash payments and no contact w/ the employees.

Gas hasnt been this low in decades (80cents CAD/liter, which is roughly 2.2$us/gallon).
A lot of grocery store shelves are empty...luckily we stocked up in case weeks ago before all this hit so we're ok (as long as the kid has plenty to eat is what matters.. am ok w/ just beer and hot dogs)

The message from the government is basically stay inside unless for a grocery run. Police have the authority to fine any group larger than 2.

For those who have no income due to isolation, caring for kids/elders or sick themselves, the government is giving them 573$/week. All laid off people get fast tracked for unemployment insurance. Major banks are deferring mortgage payments for 6 months. Telecom companies removed data limits on home internet service and some take out restaurants are offering 50% off to all first responders/health care workers.

Its interesting.., I know some people who are at home "netflix and chilling". Not here. Am working from 7am to about 6pm and the wife 8am to about 9pm all while trying to keep a bored 7 year old busy and entertained. Its stressful and tiring.

Needless to say the US/Can but you all know that.

Be safe all

Cheers, KH

Reactions: TheKrell

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Looking at this with mixed feelings, with a chuckle at first and with sadness to see that despite the situation now in Spain and Italy some people are not taking things seriously.

Some mayors in Italy have admonished the people - This is not a film, - as they see they are still some people playing Houdini, escaping from confinement.

In Spain a man disguised himself as a dog to escape confinement.

1585188758642.png

1585188679505.png

1585188678997.png

Attachments

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Was $1.60 around Tulsa yesterday, will have to keep falling a lot to get to the .90 cents a gallon it was in the late 1980s when I started driving.

Got out yesterday for first time in a week to go to post office and get some photos of field work that needed to be done.

Reactions: TheKrell

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
Was paying $1.50 a gallon when I stated driving in 1982
.I remember gas prices almost doubled during that time period and none of the pumps could price gas over $.99. They had to set the pump at half the price of the gas them would double the price on what you pumped.
Funny how the pump manufactures never thought gas would go above $1.00 a gallon.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Gas was about a quarter a gallon in 1960 when I first started driving. I can remember gas wars in 1969 when gas was down to 18 cents. I could fill my 69 Firebird for $3.25 if the tank was completely empty.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Looking at this with mixed feelings, with a chuckle at first and with sadness to see that despite the
India is in lockdown and I asked a colleague there how the government can enforce it which such a large population. He said there is a police and/or military presence on every street corner ready to kick their asses if the go out.

I didnt take him seriously until i saw the news this morning.

Reactions: DJdish

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Crazy things going on,
I was looking at the situation in Ecuador, South America, corpses left on the streets for days.

In Mexico, people hoarding on Beer,

As some states went dry, but now the beer plants have announced they are stopping all production of beers.

So no more Corona Beer, no XX, no Heineken, no beer period.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Crazy things going on,
I was looking at the situation in Ecuador, South America, corpses left on the streets for days.

In Mexico, people hoarding on Beer,

As some states went dry, but now the beer plants have announced they are stopping all production of beers.

So no more Corona Beer, no XX, no Heineken, no beer period.
Beer is the only healthy thing you can drink in Mexico.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Many things are now surpassing whatever I had seen in movies like Pandemic and Contagion, et al.

Now with humans in confinement, animals are taking over many towns.

Goats taking over a town, deer walking freely in streets,

A cocodrile moving at leisure at a shopping plaza in Cancun, a jaguar strolling through a closed down hotel in the mayan riviera...

And I think, nope that wasn't in any of the movies I've watched... but it is happening......

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Germany's Finance Minister kiled himself over concern for the future due to the virus.

And sadly that is real life, not a movie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)