become a directv dealer or work with an existing dealer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjwinstalls

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
ny
I install directv equipment on fire island, NY. It is a vacation community of wealthy people that directv routinely neglects. I have been purchasing my equipment from Perfect-10 as a non program account for over 8yrs since i dont do installs year round and couldnt get a dealer account from directv. Just found out that directv is no longer permitting perfect-10 to sell to non dealers any more.
I need to become a dealer or work with a dealer so i can continue servicing my customers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Philip

I install directv equipment on fire island, NY. It is a vacation community of wealthy people that directv routinely neglects. I have been purchasing my equipment from Perfect-10 as a non program account for over 8yrs since i dont do installs year round and couldnt get a dealer account from directv. Just found out that directv is no longer permitting perfect-10 to sell to non dealers any more.
I need to become a dealer or work with a dealer so i can continue servicing my customers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Philip

Talk to DISH. Convert as many of your old customers as you can. P-10 also offers DISH eq.

Joe

I hate dish network. Their dish pointing and receiver activation process is a major pita. Even if i like them, i have been praising directv for years over there and would look like such a hippocrit.

Directv tells people 3-4 weeks when scheduling service calls then they dont show up. Or on an install, they just run wire around the outside of the house and make holes everywhere. These are multi million dollar homes people want custom. That is something that directv just doesnt do.

Well not with the "free" installs, (these are contractors, not DirecTV employees really) but nearly anything can be done when mentioned up front and paid for, but it can be done. I have a few friends that have done custom installs in their homes. I did mine myself.

I hate dish network. Their dish pointing and receiver activation process is a major pita. Even if i like them, i have been praising directv for years over there and would look like such a hippocrit.

Directv tells people 3-4 weeks when scheduling service calls then they dont show up. Or on an install, they just run wire around the outside of the house and make holes everywhere. These are multi million dollar homes people want custom. That is something that directv just doesnt do.

No problem. That was then and this is now. If Directv ever delivered good installation service through you them days are gone. Your customers are buying you. HBO is HBO.
I agree with you about the DISH eq...but I have been working with a DISH retailer and he has tricks to make it hurt less.

Joe

Talk to DISH. Convert as many of your old customers as you can.

You DO realize that DISH does NOT carry YES network for their DMA, so that's probably going to be a deal breaker for a good portion of those subs... ;) :D

To the OP - go over to Claude's board & ask if there are any local D* dealers to work with:

boards.dishretailer.com

You DO realize that DISH does NOT carry YES network for their DMA, so that's probably going to be a deal breaker for a good portion of those subs... ;) :D

To the OP - go over to Claude's board & ask if there are any local D* dealers to work with:

boards.dishretailer.com

I think channel selection drive much of the choice of providers. DISH is weak in this area. But Directv crappy service (in some locations) also motivates subscribers to consider a change.

As an example I had noise on my VZ landline and the internet here was down for two weeks. Two weeks out for a telco trouble service! That was unheard of in earlier times.

More changes are coming.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)