Before ordering Direct TV can an installer check trees for signal strenght

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SCELFO13

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver,WA
Before I order Direct TV can I have a local installer check out the line of sight for the dish signal. I face south and have trees faceing south.

Before I order Direct TV can I have a local installer check out the line of sight for the dish signal. I face south and have trees faceing south.

Best thing you can do is go to DishPointer.COM and enter your address & zip. It will give you a pretty good idea.

The days of site surveys are gone. Primestar used to do it...and pay $25.00 to go look while writing the order. The idea with the small Directv dish was that it would go most places. With the advent of the 5 sat system them days are gone too. So you are stuck with waiting for an installer to arrive and look...possibly canceling everything for NLOS (no line of sight).

The bright side is that you may only need the three sats clustered around the 101 sat or you could even scale down to SD only, depending on your trees. Sharpen your saw and check DishPointer.

Joe

Last edited:
I had two different installers on separate days, two weeks apart come to hook up only to find where I wanted the dish wouldn't clear the trees. So, twice my order had to be canceled for NLOS. Because I live in a townhouse community, I needed written consent from my Home Owners Association to say I was permitted to place the dish on the roof. So, after 3 weeks from my initial order I was hooked up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)