bell 9241 questions for 2 tvs

when you install the new setup you have to rerun a check switch

press "menu" then 6-1-1 gets you into the install screen. There will be an option that says "switch check". Run that (select that then select "test") and then it will be set back up to work properly and you'll get all your channels.

If you dont most of the channels wont come in at all. When you're done with the switch check hit "ok" to save it then cancel yourself all the way back out. The receiver will go through its setup and then the guide will redownload (takes 5-10 minutes total)

when you install the new setup you have to rerun a check switch

press "menu" then 6-1-1 gets you into the install screen. There will be an option that says "switch check". Run that (select that then select "test") and then it will be set back up to work properly and you'll get all your channels.

If you dont most of the channels wont come in at all. When you're done with the switch check hit "ok" to save it then cancel yourself all the way back out. The receiver will go through its setup and then the guide will redownload (takes 5-10 minutes total)

thanks....the other receiver is going to be a 6131....is this a single tuner receiver?....so i would just need one cable from the DP Twin directly into the receiver, no switches?....is that correct?....do i setup this receiver the same way you said previously?....just go into "check switch"?....its going to be a brand new receiver

The 6131 looks like a Dish 211 which is a single tuner setup

once cable from the DPPTwin to the receiver, no switches...that is correct

Since its a virgin unit setup is different slightly. You are automatically thrown into the sat install screen (with the meter) upon plugging in the receiver. I think when you lock 91W it asks to do the check switch. Dang I should know this as I just activated a 211 a couple months ago ;)

But its pretty much the same setup. The only thing is with a new unit you follow the directions on the screen. You have limited control on what you can do until its up and running ;)

The 6131 looks like a Dish 211 which is a single tuner setup

once cable from the DPPTwin to the receiver, no switches...that is correct

Since its a virgin unit setup is different slightly. You are automatically thrown into the sat install screen (with the meter) upon plugging in the receiver. I think when you lock 91W it asks to do the check switch. Dang I should know this as I just activated a 211 a couple months ago ;)

But its pretty much the same setup. The only thing is with a new unit you follow the directions on the screen. You have limited control on what you can do until its up and running ;)

thanks!!....i do mostly FTA installs and dont have alot of experience with sub receivers, but hopefully i can fumble my way through it!....will let ya know how it goes!

Think you have to run "Check Switch" before it will even begin to download the correct Software.

While it is downloading, grab a Coffee, it can take a loooong time.

Think you have to run "Check Switch" before it will even begin to download the correct Software.

While it is downloading, grab a Coffee, it can take a loooong time.

true on both counts. I think from thew time I locked the satellite until I got the "not activated call Dish" screen was a good 1/2 hour

thanks!!....i do mostly FTA installs and dont have alot of experience with sub receivers, but hopefully i can fumble my way through it!....will let ya know how it goes!

You're one step ahead because the dish is already aimed. So its really plug, do all the steps on the screen. then play :)

installed everything today (dpp twin, seperator, and second receiver) and it went very smooth....just wanted to thank everybody for all the advice!!

sweet :)

Glad you got it all set up

thanks....

i am just wondering basically for future reference.....if i wanted to add a third receiver to this setup, how would i go about doing that?....or is the twin not capable of running more than two receivers?.....could i use a sw44 with the dpp twin?.....or would i need to go back to the old dual lnbs?

You would need a DPP44. The SW44 is not compatible with the DPP Twin. You could go back to the old LNBs and the SW44 also.

You would need a DPP44. The SW44 is not compatible with the DPP Twin. You could go back to the old LNBs and the SW44 also.

thanks....

so if i used a dpp44 i would just need two wires from the twin into the switch?....would it require a power inserter?

The DPP44 requires a power inserter

There is a DPP33 that works the same but only 3 outputs (instead of 4) and doesnt require the power inserter

2 wires from the LNB to either switch (DPP44 or DPP33)

The DPP33 is very flaky with Bell. Many times the receiver won't recognize it. Must be the firmware.

Peano is 100% correct. The DPP33 is dreadful when used with Bell TV. I spoke with a Supplier not too long ago, he was so tired of the problems, he stopped selling DPP33 switch's to Bell Customers and even swapped out any DPP33's that Customers were having issues with, with a DPP44 at no extra cost.

I have only used DPP33's twice and they both had problems.

As Peano says, go for a DPP44.

As an option, Bell are about to introduce a DPP Quad LNBF, so that would run 4 receivers, either 4 Single Tuner or 4 Dual Tuners, with the Separators.

The DPP Twin is not capable of running more than 2 receivers, there is a DPP Quad that you can run 4 receivers with. You cannot use the DPP twin with the SW44. Im not sure if you can purchase DPP Quads. Im a Bell technician in Canada and were finally going to be getting access to the DPP Quad. There will also be an associated Switch with it, that will allow you to run 6 receivers off the DPP Quad, with each line being able to use the special separator for dual turner receivers. This means that you can run 6 dual tuners with 6 lines. An installers dream!!:)

Last edited:
Just as an FYI Kynoch, the DPP Quad can feed 2 x DPP44's, which in turn can each be cascaded 3 deep, so off 1 Dish and 4 lines into a building you can feed 24 Receivers.

Yah we just got the switchs in the other day, and i was looking into it, and your absolutely correct. They are quite the LNB and switch combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts