Bell Expressvu in the U.S.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BoBaK

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have a beginners question.

If I order Bell Expressvu under a Canadian address but install it in Los Angeles, will I be able to subscribe to their programming?

For example: I order service from the Bell Expressvu website and have it delivered to a friends house in Canada who will then ship the equipment to me in Los Angeles. I then install it in Los Angeles, but have the Canadian address billed. Will this work?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

i think it will but youll want autopay and in la i dont think youre able to get all channels as you maybe out of bell footprint
starchoice may work better for you in that area

I don't know... After looking at Bell's footprint, it appears as though Los Angeles falls within the inner ring. But as for Star Choice's HDTV satellite, Los Angeles falls well out of the inner ring.

However, in theory, I should be able to pull this off. The only thing that would stop me is if I can't get a signal because I am too far south.

Right?

BoBaK said:
However, in theory, I should be able to pull this off. The only thing that would stop me is if I can't get a signal because I am too far south.

Right?
yep it can be done i think you may want bigger dish to boost sig as much as possible
i know you can get it, but i know youll be missing some channel which ones i dont know
more people will be on in the am to assist ya

BoBaK said:
But as for Star Choice's HDTV satellite, Los Angeles falls well out of the inner ring.

You must be looking at an old site. Anik F2 (HD/french/ethnics) signal goes much farther south than F1R (english SD)

part of the satellite footprint for ExpressVu doesn't cover LA. The issue is ExpressVu is using 4 satellites (2 at 91 and 2 at 82) so some transponders don't come in.

Also because of the footprint issue the electronic channel guide is super slow. That was one of the main reasons I dropped Bellexpressview. I'm in the Pasadena area.

bestboff said:
Also because of the footprint issue the electronic channel guide is super slow. That was one of the main reasons I dropped Bellexpressview. I'm in the Pasadena area.

Do you receive TSN HD, Rogers Sports HD, and the NHL Center Ice HD channels? Essentially, those are the only channels I care about.

Also, if I were to buy the expressvu receiver from kusat and use my Dish 500, is it possible to subscribe to a sports only package? Or, do you have to subscribe to one of the all-in-one packages no matter what?

BoBak,

I lost my BEV reception in Palm Desert. Don't know if LA would work.

I'm thinking about Star Choice. I like BEV programming better; but there is no way to get it here.

Iceberg said:
you have to get at least the basic package which is $27 I think (before you can add anything)

Is that $27 CAN or US?

How much does bell charge for each of their packages? The website only lists the all-in-one stuff.

clapple said:
BoBak,

I lost my BEV reception in Palm Desert. Don't know if LA would work.

I'm thinking about Star Choice. I like BEV programming better; but there is no way to get it here.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into Star Choice. As long as they offer a decent amount of HD hockey, it doesn't make a difference to me.

It seems as though Star Choice does not offer NHL Center Ice. How can this be? Am I missing something?

you can get some programming on ExpressVu in LA but not all of it. The transponders on N3/N4 do not cover that area due to shifting the satellite north (its an old DirecT satellite)

You will definitely not get TSN-HD or Sportsnet HD in Southern CA. Look through this forum, and you will see plenty of threads about this. You have to way your options on what is important to you in regards to the channels you will be missing, or can lose in the future.

Sportsnet HD isn't as major a loss since they don't offer any HD hockey, but TSN is a biggy.

I'm not sure if they have finalized the transponders the HD CI games will be on, since they are still shuffling these around according to the last few uplink reports Digiblur has posted.

I have bell express and i live in va. I was thinking of getting the 9200 hd receiver. Will i be able to get all the HD programming here. Thank you. Dennis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts