Best 5 receiver setup

mcraul

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
If this has been asked before I apologize and just point me to the right post. THank you.

Now to the question, what is the best setup for 5 recievers with the following equipment.

5 301 receivers
Dishpro quad LNB dish

THanks!

Get yourself a DP34 switch. With that, you should be able to actually have up to 6 rooms with this. The trick is to make sure you wire up the correct ports from DP Quad to the DP34 switch. Either use ports 1 and 4, or 2 and 3 on said quad.

Wished I had a diagram on-hand to help out

I have done that trick several times, instead of ganging switches, if 119 and 110 were all that was needed.

Last edited:
If this has been asked before I apologize and just point me to the right post. THank you.

Now to the question, what is the best setup for 5 recievers with the following equipment.

5 301 receivers
Dishpro quad LNB dish

THanks!

Connect 4- RG6 identified cables (numbered port 1 to port 4) from corresponding Quad LNBF ports to inside the house.
Once inside the house, run port number 1 cable directly to a 301 receiver.
Run port number 2 cable directly to another 301 receiver.
Use either of these first two receivers to adjust dish for maximum signal from both satellites.
Do a check switch on both of these first 2 receivers, only one receiver at a time.

The two remaining cables (port 3 and port 4) from the Quad LNBF will go into ports 1 and port 2 (order does not matter if dish is already peaked) of a DP34 switch.

For your information, port 3 on the Quad LNBF defaults to 119 deg. and port 4 defaults to 110 deg. when going into a DP34 switch.

That is to say, the Quad ports 1 and 2 each will carry 119 and 110 degs. combined at the same time.
Port 3 carries 119 deg. and port 4 carries 110 deg. separately when put into a DP34. Another variation is possible.

Out of the DP34 switch you will run 3 cables, 1 to each remaining 301 receiver.

Important at this point to do a check switch on each receiver, ONE AT A TIME.

This method will require 4 cables as opposed to 5 cables run from the outside to the inside.

thanks to everyone for thier advice
I have lots of work ahead of me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)