Best Analog Receiver to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdnettles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Garland, Tx
Hey Guys,

Whadda 'ya think is the best analog Receiver out there? Want to pick up both C & Ku. I have an ORB 7500 now & need to get another one, so I'm looking for some input.

Thanks,

PD

I love my turn knob receiver that I bought from Lee Richardson. It is the easiest and most effective way to find analogs stuff that pops up randomly. It takes 2 seconds to scan one polarity :)

I have not had many to compare too, but I sure do love my Toshiba TRX1820. That sucker was the Lexus of receivers way back in the day. :) Easy to use, I think, especially to retune the frequencies to make them match each satellite's TP map. When I first got it, the AMC9 test card was way off, like TP 29 or something. So that was a quick fix with the help of Pete, Berg, and the gang here, and of course, Lyngsat. MAKE SURE you get the original remote with those things, or you are out of luck programming it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.