This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best and Worst sports-related predictions made on this site

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Since I joined this site, I have had a tendency to make bold predictions- some of which worked and some that bombed.

I'm sure you guys have also made similar predictions.

What are some of your hits and misses?

I'll start with a few of my best:

1. I said that Auburn, ranked 10th in the AP preseason poll, was ranked too high, was overrated, and would be brought down by a pathetic offense- they went 5-7, had a comically bad offense, and seemed to be going nowhere. I took sweet delight in seeing Alabama bitch-slap them 36-0.

2. I predicted that the Browns would upset the Giants on Monday Night Football

3. I said Texas Tech would beat Texas

4. I was the only guy outside of Arizona to pick the Cardinals over the Panthers

However, I also made some bad calls:

1. I said Colt McCoy was overrated- goes 12-1 and finished runner-up for the Heisman

2. I predicted Cleveland and Detroit to each go 11-5, win their division, and make the playoffs

3. I said the Cardinals would win in snowy Foxboro

4. I basically mocked Florida's defense and said they were overrated. As a guy who praised the Big 12 and ripped the SEC as slow and with nothing but popgun offenses... yikes!

Feel free to give your best/worst predictions and comment on some of my crazy predictions I made.

I TOO predicted the Browns beating the Giants on that Monday night. But then again I ALSO predicted that the Raiders would go 7-9 or even 8-8. I really try not to predict much simply because there is nothing EXTRA I know that other don't. You can look too foolish too often.

I predicted that the Cardinals would be beaten like a red-headed stepchild in the Wild Card game and every one afterward, but clearly that's been a less than successful prophecy.

I predicted that the steelers were the team to beat in the AFC.
I predicted that the ravens would go far in the playoffs.
I predicted that the Fins would go 4-12
I predicted that the Cardinals would not go far in the playoffs
I predicted that the Giants would repeat an appearance to the Superbowl

Looks like 4-4. You could of flipped a coin and got the same results.

I said the Lions would win maybe 6 games, and I was the pessimistic one. I later changed my predicition to 0-16 at the halfway mark, and I stuck to it. Thank you Lie-ons!

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!

Sabres,

I have to hand it to you. You stuck by the Cardinals when next to nobody (myself included) gave them a chance.

NOW they look like a legitimate threat.

Congrats! :up

I said the Lions would win maybe 6 games, and I was the pessimistic one. I later changed my predicition to 0-16 at the halfway mark, and I stuck to it. Thank you Lie-ons!

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!

I too mentioned once the Lie-ons got to 0-7, 0-8 that they would go winless, but it's not a big deal to me. (getting it right).
Before the season started, I figured the Lie-ons would win 5-6 games.

I figured the Steelers would probably win thier division, I didn't expect the Browns to do as well as the year before, figured the Bengals were down and the Ravens had D but no O , as it turned out, the Ravens O turned out better than I thought and they made the playoffs.

Jimbo

You better leave "Sabres the Magnificent" alone, or he may hit you over the head with his hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar.

May your cable go out during the LSU/Florida game!

(Not really- it's my version of Carson's comical curses)