Best Buy Scams its customers and caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I do not agree with this practice, I can see why they are doing this.

As many are aware of, its cheaper to sell online than it is out of a traditional store front, so therefore the web prices would be cheaper than the in store prices

The problem that Best Buy probably ran into when they had just the one website is that they have broadband available in the store for their customers and employees. Many times I have gone in there and asked a question and the employee goes to bestbuy.com to look up the product specs.

The problem is now you got customers seeing the lower price and questioning why the prices are higher in the store. The manager then gets called and they got to manually lower the price to match whats online.

Someone at Best Buy corporate was smart enough to end the problem, so the price that is displayed on the website is the same as displayed in the store!

What they are doing is not right with the secret website, the prices should be the same online as they are in the store!

But on the flip side of it, here is something to consider. Last week a customer came in and wanted to buy an $35 Dishpro LNB. He physically came into my store with an ebay auction printed off with the same LNB for $15 which was probably stolen because my cost was around $25.

The customer wanted me to match the $15 price on ebay minus the shipping and I told him no. First of all even if I was gonna match the price it would have been after the shipping charges, and I can't compete with stolen merchandise being sold on ebay. I told this guy if he wanted the lower price on ebay to go bid on it, send the guy a money order because he doesn't accecpt paypal and wait a few weeks. Or pay the higher price and get it from me now!

The best buy web pricing policy thing sucks, but they where probably tired of customers nickel and diming them and decided to do it!

It was not my auction

Excellent! As much as I hate everything about Best Buy (the store, customer services, the shopping experience), they always manage to get me into their sliding glass doors by offering a pretty good sale ever few months. To be honest, it doesn't take much since Circuit City is even worse, and Tweeter's prices are seldom competitive. At least I can proudly say that I didn't buy my new Mitsubishi Diamond DLP from them.:)

Nothing surprises me anymore.

The prices are usually cheaper on the web, but then they sock you with those shipping and handling charges which usually eat up the difference...

Hmmm, well I love Best Buy because they usually have movies that I cant find elsewhere such as a large selection of Japanese films that arent available in other stores. The only time that I dont like BB is from thanksgiving through the end of january and the occasional rep that doesnt know squat but thinks he/she does. I can totaly believe though that some of the employee's wouldnt know how the diference between the internet site and the intranet site, I worked for them part time years ago and like any other part time job it was the rare employee that did anything more than the bare minumum.

Oh yea almost forgot, this is offtopic but I was surprised to see the extent of movies available through walmart.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.