Best cheap satellite meter?

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Anybody got a meter in the $20 range that works ok for aligning a dish while camping? I realize it's not going to identify which satellite I'm receiving at that price range but just looking for something to make setting up a little easier. The 211k is so slow to respond to signal changes when moving the dish that it really can be a chore. Any of the cheap meters helpful or are they all junk?

TIA for any input.

What kind of dish? With a DPP500 or DPP1000, I found having a meter that generates a 22KH tone a big advantage with dishes with switches in the head. With that, I am sure the 119 LNBF electronically connected to the meter. The cheap $20 meter can easily be electronically attached to 110 LNBF and you aiming will be way off base.

You can force the selection via the receiver using the satellite/transponder selection on the pointing screen but it is so much easier with the meter. But such a meter is more like $90. But it was worth it when we move 50 times a year.

I use a acutrac 22 pro I got used on ebay for like 30-40 bucks. works real good as it can read 2 signals at once, which is great for 500 dishes and 1000.2 or 1000.4. the 1000.2/4 needs to be powered by the receiver, but seeing two signals at one pretty much confirms you are on the right birds.

also worked good on a slimline when used with the old style lnb for peaking, then just change to swm once peaked.

I had an Accutrac 22 Pro and it worked well. When the battery died, I treated myself with a First Strike FS1 with satellite identification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)