Best deal for new Dish Network customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

desertman

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hello Forum,

I am considering to switch from DirecTV to Dish Network - mainly because without discounts DirecTV has become very expensive and also because they do not want to give me a Genie receiver for free. I have already a friend as referrer but I am wondering where I can get the best overall deal - by ordering from Dish Network directly or by ordering from a reseller.

The best deal I found so far seems to be from gwdish.com. According to a phone call with them I get, when I oder through them, all the normal promotions (meaning: a discount of $35 for the first 12 months when ordering AT200, plus 3 months free HBO and Showtime, plus free HD for 24 months, plus the 6 months of free Netflix service that Dish Network is offering right not to new customers) plus a $200 Visa credit card. This Visa card includes the 2 x $50 referral bonus ($50 for me, $50 for the referrer) which means it is basically an additional $100 bonus (and I can decide whether I do it with a referrer and get in total $150 or without a referrer and get in total $200).

Is this the best deal right now, or is there something even better?

Thanks - desertman

Last edited:
The best deal is obviously to not use a referrer and keep the $200 discount for yourself. Plus, since the early termination fee is $20/mo, if for some reason you don't like Dish, after the first year promo pricing, you'd only have to pay $240 to get out of the contract, which isn't that bad considering you got a $200 gift card.

the normal best dealis free install/free activation, and all the stuff you mentioned minus that $200 card.
make sure you have no install fee, or hookup fee of any kind, and that is probably the best deal you are going to get.

the normal best dealis free install/free activation, and all the stuff you mentioned minus that $200 card.
make sure you have no install fee, or hookup fee of any kind, and that is probably the best deal you are going to get.

They have no install fee or hookup fee.

Their site shows poor English, or at the very least, lack of proof reading. Are you sure you trust a site that reads like it is from a non-English speaking company? No one includes all those exclamation marks in a normal, professional web site. Not at all sure I would use them when I know I could contact a trusted Dirt member. Remember, you have to give out your credit card info & have them run a credit check. Not sure that I'd want to take a chance, even for the supposed extra cash.

They have no install fee or hookup fee.

Some resellers/retailers do have a $49.99 fee to set up an account. Not all do, but several of the major resellers do, and honestly, either they're bad at disclosing it, or customers don't pay attention, because we hear a lot from customers who claim they were misled about that fee.

Disclaimer: As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

a retailer in my area charges $150. it is not disclosed in their flyers or website, they tell you over the phone really really fast with all the other disclaimers. of course they often drop the fee to $50, so you think you are getting a $100 special deal.

You can go through Costco's website or even best buy and get a gift card that way and not pay any install fee.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think it's terrible for retailers to charge a setup fee. We only charge what Dish tells us to charge and nothing more or less.

Last edited:
I just went to Costco's website, searched for Dish and got...you guessed it...dishes! Do you have a link, Dishfan82?

Their site shows poor English, or at the very least, lack of proof reading. Are you sure you trust a site that reads like it is from a non-English speaking company? No one includes all those exclamation marks in a normal, professional web site. Not at all sure I would use them when I know I could contact a trusted Dirt member. Remember, you have to give out your credit card info & have them run a credit check. Not sure that I'd want to take a chance, even for the supposed extra cash.

I believe they are in Pennsylvania. I didn't have any issues - plenty of people have mentioned it on fatwallet and other such sites.

I ordered it through them a month or so ago - Its not a non-English speaking company - they do speak English, just a bit poorly and with an accent (I am sure, you will get the same when you do become a Dish customer and call CS!). They mailed me the $200 check within 2 weeks after install as promised :)

The ordering process with them was seamless - no extra charges - all the promo's described above (except Netflix as it was not an offer at that time from Dish) and install the next day from Dish! Awesome experience with them - would recommend them. Actually, getting ready to call them to get the same deal for my sister!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)