Best deal on HD for a new Customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

J-Rod

Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Howdy,

I've been a lurker, and decided to register to aska few questions. Please bear with me if these are n00b questions.

I'm moving to a new location, and our previous satellite was in my wife's maiden name.

So, I now have the opportunity to go with a new setup as a new customer of either provider. So, I'm looking at my options. I'm located in the Houston Area, so as I understand it, we're should be in play for the MPEG-4 upgrade.

I have a 65" HD TV, so HD is one of the things I am interested in having. NFL or sports related programming in HD is not a priority.

So, my questions are as follows:

With the choice of either system as a new customer would you use DirecTV or Dish?

I have seen posts on various forums about folks calling customer retention to get a "sweeter" deal (i.e. knocking the price on the DVR down, or getting 6 months of HD or HBO instead of 3). What do you think the "best"deal I should be able to get on an HD pack (at least one HD reciever, DVR optional).

Which group at DirecTV should I contact to obtain the best deal?

To boil it down, I'm looking to get the most bang for the least buck :) . So, any insight or tips you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

J-Rod said:
Howdy,

I've been a lurker, and decided to register to aska few questions. Please bear with me if these are n00b questions.

I'm moving to a new location, and our previous satellite was in my wife's maiden name.

So, I now have the opportunity to go with a new setup as a new customer of either provider. So, I'm looking at my options. I'm located in the Houston Area, so as I understand it, we're should be in play for the MPEG-4 upgrade.

I have a 65" HD TV, so HD is one of the things I am interested in having. NFL or sports related programming in HD is not a priority.

So, my questions are as follows:

With the choice of either system as a new customer would you use DirecTV or Dish?

I have seen posts on various forums about folks calling customer retention to get a "sweeter" deal (i.e. knocking the price on the DVR down, or getting 6 months of HD or HBO instead of 3). What do you think the "best"deal I should be able to get on an HD pack (at least one HD reciever, DVR optional).

Which group at DirecTV should I contact to obtain the best deal?

To boil it down, I'm looking to get the most bang for the least buck :) . So, any insight or tips you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Call Dish. Directv only does two HD channels as far as I know and that is ESPNHD and ESPNHD2 at 1280x720p. The rest is bitstarved and downrezzed crap. 1280x1088i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)