Best dish choice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omsac

Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
San Jose, Costa Rica
Hi, I live in San Jose, Costa Rica . I want to setup a C Dish on my backyard, but I am a newbie in this area. What I've been reading is that I need at least a 2.4mts - 8ft dish to do that.

What satellites do I want to see? A/ not sure what I am able to, a friend told me that SatMEX5 will work ok, for now I want the dish just to see FTA channels. May be on the future I'll subscribe to Dish Network, so first thing to do is to get that Dish that work for FTA and later on Dish.

I have three options.
First - GEOSATPRO 2.4 METER PRIME / POLAR MOUNT
Second - 240CM C/Ku Prime Focus Dish Antenna FORTEC STAR FS08
Third - Buy the dish made here in Costa Rica, maybe fiber glass dish but I don't trust too much in that because companies don't have a lot of experience doing it.

What I am planning to do is to bring one of those two dishes from US, shipping is expensive thats why both are in petals. I would like to do a good choice. I'll hear your recomendation on this dish or other ones, I'll trust in your experience, so, Thanks for your help

Later on, when I got it, I'll ask about best choice of LNB and Receiver.
Also, if someone of this forum is from CR please tell me what satellites are we able to see.

I am not sure but I think you may need a much larger dish, if you want to subscribe to C-band programming you will need a 4dtv I am not sure if you can see all the satellites but a 12' dish or larger may be needed for your location maybe others will know better.

If you can I would go 4dtv over Dish, big c/ku dish with 4dtv and dvb slaved can't be beat.

I am not sure but I think you may need a much larger dish, if you want to subscribe to C-band programming you will need a 4dtv I am not sure if you can see all the satellites but a 12' dish or larger may be needed for your location maybe others will know better.

If you can I would go 4dtv over Dish, big c/ku dish with 4dtv and dvb slaved can't be beat.

Thanks tdti1, I'll be searching info about 4dtv and saving money for a huge dish :(.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts