Best DVB/DVBs2 card that integrates natively to Windows Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Just looking for the best DVB/DVBs2 card that integrates natively to Windows Media Center. Anyone have any experience with this? I know there is pay software out there to integrate incompatible dvb cards but I'd like one that integrates without that (that is made to work with windows media center). Does it have diseq motor controls and 22khz switch support too? Thanks for any info!

I think there is not a flood of responses here is because it is already enough trouble to just get a card working properly with all its new functions such as S2 blind scan and IP downloads. I only see WMC as an unnecessary headache of additional limitations on a card. I really like my new TBS6922 and recommend it to anyone. It is much better than my previous TBS8920. I have not bothered to try to get WMC to work properly. I beleive to have a card work well with WMC means you are giving up somewhere else in terms of technology or speed.

WMC has worked with most cards that I have tested. WMC is poorly suited to support anything but the basic 24/7 channels on a fixed single dish / single LNBF system. Never could get it to properly control switches. Worked great for the G19 channels if that is all you want.

WMC has worked with most cards that I have tested. WMC is poorly suited to support anything but the basic 24/7 channels on a fixed single dish / single LNBF system. Never could get it to properly control switches. Worked great for the G19 channels if that is all you want.
What about W7 pro?

Hmmm ok interesting. Do any of the cards come with their own TV style program that turns your PC into a TV allowing you to control your dish/switches and channel? Maybe I should start a new thread for that as its off topic now. Thanks for your feedback.

Most cards are provided with their own software package. Most users find that the software provided with the card is underwhelming so usually go with a third party application such as MyTheater, Progdvb, TSreader, etc.

I use the WinTV Nova and am quite fond of it. I have never liked Windows Media Center and thus I have used the bundled WinTV software. WinTV works great for the channels on G19, allows easy recording/pause/playback. I also like the fact that I was easily able to integrate my analog CableTV and digital ATSC tuners into the one application.

> I really like my new TBS6922 and recommend it to anyone.

Have you heard any thing about about the
TBS 6925 PCI-E DVB-S2 TV Tuner Card?

Have you heard any thing about about the TBS 6925 PCI-E DVB-S2 TV Tuner Card?

The 6925 does 16/32 PSK but not much up there to view from my understanding. It is also pricey $$ in my mind.

I have a profs 7500 USB that folks over at Ricks say they have gotten 16/32 PSK on. It also comes in PCI and PCIe for under $100. I couple the Profs with DVBDream (supports 4:2:2) and am very pleased. Profs also supported by several blind scan add ons like Crazy Blind Scan. I've been using DVBDream for many years. They both play well on any Windows OS.

PC based systems take more work to get going but I find them more rewarding. You have to deal with codecs and most of the cards have specs requiring certain graphics platforms. You can also stream around your LAN or the world using VLC or even onto your smart (or dumb) phone using VLC or Wowza.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts