Best EHD for the Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
AND the second HDD, similar to the first, ALSO is not recognized, acknowledged or given any hint of recognition.

Thanks for the info. I have used several other stand up type drives in the past with the Hopper and VIP and they just don't seem to last. On my way to Wal-mart now.
Went to Wal-Mart. I tried a Seagate 2.5 2TB drive. It was not self powered. It worked after opening and closing the transfer function on-screen a few times but not reliable at all, so it went back to Wal-mart. Looks like in my case I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend a few bucks. I did see a few on Amazon that got some good reviews for around 89.00. that were plug powered.
Thanks for all the comments.

Since I couldn't find an external powered hard drive 2TB or smaller, I found a 2TB bare drive and an Insignia enclosure at Best Buy and made my own. It works great. Costs more than $50 though.

Since I couldn't find an external powered hard drive 2TB or smaller, I found a 2TB bare drive and an Insignia enclosure at Best Buy and made my own. It works great. Costs more than $50 though.
That might be a good solution for me as well. Besides it's always more fun to make it yourself!

Reactions: littlecloud319
That’s what I’ve done. 3.5 inch drive in a powered enclosure, but I’ve also used non-powered portable drives. I’ve occasionally had some issues with both, but I think that’s more with the hopper software than the drives themselves.

I’d also recommend western digital over other brands like seagate.

Went to Wal-Mart. I tried a Seagate 2.5 2TB drive. It was not self powered. It worked after opening and closing the transfer function on-screen a few times but not reliable at all, so it went back to Wal-mart. Looks like in my case I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend a few bucks. I did see a few on Amazon that got some good reviews for around 89.00. that were plug powered.
Thanks for all the comments.

You’ll likely notice the “timeouts” and having to repeat the transfer commands regardless of whether it’s a powered drive or not- it’s a known Hopper issue- I have the same issue. The drive doesn’t “wake up” on the first try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)