Best HDTV for $2500.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
slacker9876 said:
I am looking for a new HDTV. I currently have a Samsung 55" 16:9 RPTV. I need DVI and would like HDMI. Any offerings of your opinions on my budget?

While the HS51 plus screen is an excellent choice for a Home theater projector at about 3500, I think your best choice for an HDTV at 2500 would be the Sony KDF42WE655.

I was also looking at the Sony KDF42WE655. Circuit City has it for $2300, but like some other posters, I'm still worried about bulb life. For $500 less I can get a 34" tube sony and never have to worry about replacing a bulb. Do Sony's have a better reputation for bulb life than panasonics do?

Bulb life on microdisplays are usually rated at 6000 to 8000 hours and are usually under 300 dollars. Longer life lower cost bulbs are an advantage over the same technologies in front projectors. Also control of lighting is usually not a problem, as most displays have low glare screens. The replacement of bulbs shouldn't be viewed as a negative, but as an opportunity to return your set's brightness to its condition as new. Remember all displays gradually lose brightnes over time. With a CRT that is normally 15000 to 20000 hours. The recommended Sony KDF42WE655 would also be my recommendation in the $2500 price range

Onecall had the sammy 50" DLP for $2099. That would be my pick. That thing was over 3500 bucks last year. With the stand you would come in right at 2500.

But screen size will depend on the room size and as previously posted you will need a controlled lighting situation for a projector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)