best indoor antenna?

dailo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
I want to install an indoor antenna with my voom service, I get a lot of OTA channels already, but I'm missing FOX which is about 23 miles from me according to antenna web. Is there such a thing as an amplified antenna? I currently have a Zenith ZHDTV1Z

if you have access to an old "rabbit ears antenna" give it a try. that is the best antenna I have used so far. using it as i speak and outperforms the 100 terk i wasted my money on. give it a try.

don't have any of those, but as I was messing around I find this very interesting. If you look at the picture attatched 45/56/57 are in the same direction. With the way my antenna is pointed now I can get 86 signal strength according to vooms reciever, but with 56 and 57 signal keeps on going to 80's but then drops to zero, and it keeps on bouncing back and forth. I've moved this thing everywhere and I can't get a steady signal. Any ideas?

Attachments

• combined3_ARCIMS213279221720.png
    combined3_ARCIMS213279221720.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 249
it could be that the two that aren't coming in are being transmitted with a low signal. my fox and nbc broadcast in a low signal and i could never get it with my terk antenna. i had rabbit ears in the bedrooms for locals and i noticed the analog came in really well with all the channels. for kicks, i set it up on my 811 and now all channels come in great while in digital. these antennas are cheap, you might want to give it a try before investing money into something more expensive. i am getting ready to put my terk up on ebay.

where can I find these? don't I need a special hdtv antenna

alot of people will say you will, but you can go to best buy, radio shack, or circuit city, all have good return policies and spend about ten bucks to try it out. if it doesn't work for you, you can return it. if it does work, you saved a bunch of cash. alot of people will tell you you need an antenna that says hdtv on it, but you really don't. if you do deciede to try it out, post back with your results. mine results are outstanding and people tell me i am full of crap and that i am not getting digital channels. i know i am receiving the because the picture is great and my receiver will tell me what sound format i am picking up. it always says 5.1 when the broadcast is transmitting in that format. let us know.

well went out to radio shack and got the antenna, the box didn't say it was hdtv capable but they put a sticker on all their antennas that said hdtv ready, so I guess your right. It has made my signal steady, but highest I can get it is 68, so can't get a picutre on the screen yet. With my zenith I was able to get a steady 85 but buy holding it high up in a wierd position, so I figured this amplified antenna would do the trick because it has rabit ears that reaches all the way to the cieling. But I can't seem to achieve the 85 anymore. Will try playing around with it some more.

After trying out the rabbit ears some more I have concluded I can get a steady signal where ever I put it, but I can't get a strong enough one. With the Zenith Silver I can get strong signals, but only when I hold it in the proper place. I don't think there will be anyway for me to keep the zenith in that same spot, anyone know of a solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts