BEST INSTALL EVER, plus future predictions for Dish from my tech

Sling works through your internet provider plus the provider you are slinging it to . I am thinking Dish 5 g for your home provider of Internet. Dish could sell you at least a double play. Just like Comcast,Verizon and so on . Comcast said they don’t really care about tv it’s the internet access and caps that is were the money is going to be. OTT is going to get paid for someway or another. Remember when the cable bills were around the mid 20 now look at them .

Reactions: charlesrshell
Also, the 5G bandwidth that would be used up for video delivery, would be better used for internet both from a practical standpoint and a business one.

I think I saw either some PTO document, or some FCC document, that described a 1Xn broadcast model for Dish spectrum, to use efficiently for TV. Current cellular data (correct me if I'm wrong) use a 1X1 model, which would prevent other providers from using their bandwidth to broadcast all TV channels at once.

I hope it isn't like the built in Sling. I don't think it has ever worked 100% smoothly. You can't beat the external attached Slingbox. Never no issues and has more capability. The Hopper with built in cell phone scares me.

We haven't had any significant problems with DishAnywhere and our Hopper2's in quite some time. Mostly we use it on our FireTVstick now.

I'm not using any EHD's anymore, so I can't say what's going on there. 60-70% full is about as high as we ever get on the internal HD's.
I only keep special recordings that I want to watch again sometime in my EHDs. I don't think I have ever seen our internal get to around 25% full. We mostly get caught up on the weekends.

Reactions: NYDutch
I only keep special recordings that I want to watch again sometime in my EHDs. I don't think I have ever seen our internal get to around 25% full. We mostly get caught up on the weekends.

We copy those really special recordings off to memory cards or DVD's for future viewing. We do have a few movies on the internal HD's that are several months old, but nothing we would really miss if we lost them. Most are available on Amazon Prime, etc, anyway. 25-35% is probably more like what we usually have internally, but it does get higher sometimes until we take the time to catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts