Best Ku LNBF for a 76cm Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
From what I've read, it sounds like the best Ku LNBF, especially for a smaller 76cm dish, would be an LNBF with the lowest available Noise Figure. It appears as though there are a couple of FTA Ku LNBFs available with a Noise Figure of 0.3 dB...the Invacom SNH-031 and the TechSAT Tracker LNB are two that I've located...so I'm curious as to whether or not one of these two, or perhaps another model that I haven't mentioned, is considered the best of the bunch. By the way, a single LNBF is all that I need.

Thanks!

The Techsat or Xtreme work really good. I've used both :)

Techsat is a Universal and Xtreme is a Standard (I like the Standard ones myself)

There is also the Extreme II 0.3db lnbf. There is a good review in the FTA/Mpeg2 Equipment Reviews section. I have the Invacom and like it. But, I'm sure the Extreme II and the TechSat Tracker are good ones too. Who knows which one is the best? Your guess is as good as anybodys.

Al

Invacom is the BEST LNB's I have ever used and they are GOLD sponsors here, the warranty alone makes then great value for $

Sure will, its a standard 40mm neck. Invacom also have just LNB's available they use a 120mm flange and bolt right onto any standard feedhorn.

www.invacom.net

Iceberg said:
Techsat is a Universal and Xtreme is a Standard (I like the Standard ones myself)

Iceberg,

Why do you prefer the Standard? Does it have an advantage over a universal LNB?

Thanks!

The main reason I like the standard is because I can hook an analog receiver to it. With a standard LNB I can hook up an analog and pick up that stuff
With a Universal, my numbers are off (I have to change the frequency on each channel up by 150Mhz) and I cant see higher than channel 18

other reason is I can use a 22K switch if I dont have a Diseqc switch handy

Good now I get a chance to speak......

There is no real need for a Universal LNBF in this country, the main difference is a Universal LNBF has two bands and a Standard LNBF has just the one.

The disadvantage of a Universal LNBF is as it has two bands (22k toggle) a blind scan will take longer, there are ways round this however.

So when looking for a LNBF its best to look at the noise level (dB) and the quality of the product, and as mentioned above any warranty or guarantee :)

Since we're talking lnbf's here, I have a question for you Pete. It's about the c/ku lnbf, work in progress. Since it's in progress, I can't ask the question in it's thread, yet. Are the manufacturers going to make one with a standard ku lnb, or is the universal version it? I'm very interested in trying one on a 1.2 meter dish. I prefer standard over universal.

Al

Iceberg said:
The main reason I like the standard is because I can hook an analog receiver to it. With a standard LNB I can hook up an analog and pick up that stuff
With a Universal, my numbers are off (I have to change the frequency on each channel up by 150Mhz) and I cant see higher than channel 18

other reason is I can use a 22K switch if I dont have a Diseqc switch handy

Good to know.
Thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts