Best LNB Bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zinco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Canada
I'm searching for an LNB Bracket and I came across a German Made. The one in this pic has 3 LNB holders. There's another one with 4 holders. I think the one with 4 can get 91 97 101 and 103 on a 36" Dish. Any better solution?

3_baff_lbn_holder_brack.jpg

sample_r3.jpg

Last edited:
I think the one with 4 can get 91 97 101 and 103.
I'd like to see some vertical adjustment to fine tune the LNBFs.
You probably can't get two normal LNBFs (nor those brackets) close enough for 97+101.
And you darned sure can't get the brackets close enough for 101+103.

There have been many interesting threads where members have build their own brackets or spacers.
I'd concentrate on those.

It looks well made and probably expensive. But my best performing brackets aren't the nicest looking. I want more flexibility in tweaking alignment than what that pretty bracket can most likely offer.

They advertise that it can do 97+101. The price is around $20.

We need feedback from someone who has it.

They advertise that it can do 97+101. The price is around $20.

We need feedback from someone who has it.
It's pretty, but you could have gotten conduit hanger brackets from the hardware store for 85¢ and had it built by now. :)

The spacing between LNBs for 4° satellite spacing, depends on where you are relative to the birds, and what the focal length of your dish is.

SatelliteAV build a special bracket with their two miniature LNBFs right next to each other, to get the job done.
So, do I think you're gonna get 4° on a 36" dish with those full-sized JSC321 LNBFs?
The answer is no. - :deadhorse:

The only positive feature of that bracket shown at the top is that it has the two different neck sizes for lnbs. However, one would have to insert shims to achieve vertical adjustments. Does it come with pre-drilled shims?

Years ago we had received a sample of the bracket shown in the first post. While it has outstanding construction, it was very limiting in the ability to position the LNBFs. We were unable to achieve 4 degree separation on satellites as the brackets are too large.

We still sell the dual 4 degree brackets and your choice of SL1 or SL2 LNBFs. :)

Thanks for the replies guys.

This dual bracket is nice but then I won't get 103W. I guess I'll stick to 91 97 103 on the 36" and 83 89 74 on the 30".

Now the JSC321s is not the best LNB. There's the Spitfire and Avenger with 0.2dB noise figure. I'll have to find a compromise between the quality and price.

zinco said:
Now the JSC321s is not the best LNB. There's the Spitfire and Avenger with 0.2dB noise figure. I'll have to find a compromise between the quality and price.

These LNBFs are not anywhere near 0.2. Just marketing BS.......

Quality costs a whole lot more than $10 - $15 ;)

SatelliteAV said:
Quality costs a whole lot more than $10 - $15 ;)

I have to agree with SatelliteAV on this. There is a world of difference between a $10 lnbf and a quality lnbf. I will try to go cheap, but I do a lot of research before I buy. I "settled" on an invacom for my Ku setup.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts