Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So as of today what is the best looking HD-DVD title?

I am not talking Blu Ray, im talking HD DVD.

I might be picking up a HD DVD player soon. :)

Aeon Flux for sure. It's amazing.

Blazing Saddles looks nice for an older movie. And Sahara looks really nice as well.

Of the ones I have seen, I would say Fugitive is probably my least favorite (in terms of PQ only).

-John

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just saw Happy Gilmore was available on HD DVD, now I am HAPPY! :) (Don't know why but I love that movie!)
Got that in the mail from Blockbuster yesterday, havent watched it yet.

Scott, most HD DVD titles look fantastic! Much better than on HBO-HD! Just pick movies that you like.
The only titles that I was dissappointed with (PQ-wise) so far were: Full Metal Jacket (bad transfer), View From Space With Heavenly Music (MPEG-2 showing compression artifacts) and Sleepy Hollow (looked somewhat compressed to me).
Aeon Flux looks great (whatched it yesterday, don't care about the movie though). My most favorite is still The Phantom of the Opera, it also has Dolby TrueHD sound, which may come handy soon. ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just saw Happy Gilmore was available on HD DVD, now I am HAPPY! :) (Don't know why but I love that movie!)

I got Happy Gilmore through Netflix; I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan. The audio/video is terriffic, and I actually liked it. Van Helsing is one that doest get much praise, but I Netflixed it & liked it so much I bought a copy. U571 is very good, especially the DD+ audio track (you need an HDMI or 5.1 analog connection to play DD+). Probably my favorite for combination of HD quality & movie enjoyment is Chronicles of Riddick.

Go ahead & do it . . . you know you want HD DVD. :)

Tough call. Aeon Flux is among the top but so is Training Day and Chronicles of Riddick IMHO.

Phantom of the Opera is still my favorite -- just amazing colors and scenery. But I recently rented We Were Soldiers and thought that was an outstanding transfer as well.

Yeah, all that detail on the blood splats in We Were Soldiers was awesome! And possibly one of the best soundtracks to go with it! Strange that that title never gets listed when people mention best PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts