Best Manual Coax Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I would like to have a switch down in the basement where i could switch the signal from say one room to another. I would like to have a 4 way switch. What would you suggest that is high quality, and low loss.

Ps, can you run a diseqc switch backwards. In another words, instead of switching to different LNBS, your are switching it so the lnb goes to different STB's.

Thanks

Last edited:
I see all of your LNBs are single output so a multiswitch or two is out of the question.
Send me all your LNBFs and buy dual output ones!
Even if you find a low loss coax switch, you might blow something during the switchover unless you turn your receivers off first.

diode steered splitter is the only way I know of. But have only seen them in a 2-way variety. Maybe use 3 of them??? Must be able to handle the associated lower LNBF voltage. (probably drops around .7 volt per unit it goes thru-.

Would be more user friendly if using diseqc and multiswitches (requires dual output LNBF's) Wouldn't have to ensure all other receivers are powered off. And each receiver can watch different satellites/polarities, or same satellite different polarity, at the same time.

diode steered splitter is the only way I know of.

FaT your idea of diode protected splitter would work. Here is a 4 way for satellite service.

SPLIT4MRV_medlrg.jpg

$8.99 from here.
A switch would have almost the same loss as a good splitter, and you won't have to go in the basement every time. One restriction, the unused receivers would have to be off or parked on a vert. tp (13v.) Horz 18v. can over ride the 13v. but not the other way.

I'm using a 3 way I got from a DTV installer I know. Works very well, with the restriction Pixl mentioned.

Reactions: Pixl
Well, looky that, I learned something new today, there are 'bigger' diode splitters than just a two way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)