Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jared Twomey

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Just curious if there is any particular meter that is best for working with FTA systems?
I currently install Dish, Direct, Wildblue... ect and have done a few FTA with my channel master.
I am currently in the market for a new meter and was wanting to know if there is any meter that is best for FTA, as i'd like to get into installing more of them (mainly glorystar). Any meters that show the signal quality, not just the strength?

your installing wildblue with an analog meter ? damn thats hardcore hehe.

if your a comercial installer then get something your going to be happy with, I love my satlook NIT.

you'll spend less then 1min aiming those wildblue antenna's

I like the new Trimax SM-1100. It has a TV screen on it to watch what you get to scan in. It doesn't work well with some of the D* sats though? Or so I've heard. I have one, but the D* sats don't interest me so I haven't bothered with them, so I can't speak of experience for those. Some D* Installers with this meter have been complaining though? Otherwise an excellent meter. It works great for what I have it for, but it's not cheap.

Al

dtv is dss which dvb meters wont lock onto, but I think all the birds dtv uses there is dvb channels as well on so you should be able to enter those freq and still aim with the trimax, but I dont own one so I cant say for sure.

I do know 101 has some channels that I can find using standard lnbs and a fta reciever.. thank goodness it does otherwise I would never have figured out how far off I was durring alignment.. lol

101 has fox64 which is normally a great channel but latley has had super modulated audio, it'll blow the speakers right out of the box if your not prepared lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)