Best musclecars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
SC
Which ones would you select from the past and the present. Classic T/As had style, and the Chrysler SRT8 Core seems to represent modern muscle best.:cool:

6ae78f1512_640.jpg

Firebird T/A

1976_dodge_dart-pic-28097.jpeg

2013_chrysler_300_core_review_03-1006-450x240.jpg

6SpeedShiftBallThumbnail.jpg

Trouble is the same as the best sports car argument. Where are the boundaries, and what is and isn't a muscle car?

Reactions: . Raine
My first muscle car was a 1967 Chevelle SS 396 I bought when I was 16. It was sweet, but I sold it a year later to a kid who raised the rear-end a foot. He snapped a tie-rod and totaled the vehicle with a few months. I then bought two nearly mint 1971 Barracuda Convertibles: a 383 and a 440. I bought the 383 from a banker for $1700 that I had caddied for the past 5-years. I good caddie is hard to come by, and he almost gave me the car outright as a tip. Anyway, I heard his college aged sons were pissed when I got the car.

Both cars were stored in my grandmothers garage for a few years while I was stationed overseas. My dad sold them both for almost 10K when my grandmother passed away in 1985. I wish to hell that I had kept them. C'est la vie!

77TA (Special Edition)...... Had mine since '94 and like it just as much today as I did the day I got it.

It ain't domestic, but as the only street legal car capable of 12s and sub 5 second 0-60 mph in 1975, the Porsche 911 Turbo was quite something.
cool.gif

Porsche 911

Porsche-930_Turbo_1980_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

porsche-930-turbo-01.jpg

It ain't domestic, but as the only street legal car capable of 12s and sub 5 second 0-60 mph in 1975, the Porsche 911 Turbo was quite something.
cool.gif

Porsche 911

Porsche-930_Turbo_1980_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

porsche-930-turbo-01.jpg

I don't know about the 0-60 times, but a 1964 Studebaker Challenger with an R3 engine will turn the 1/4 in the low 12s. Here's a video of it turning at 12.8

Reactions: 88isgreat
Yes, Studebaker had some hot, and barely streetable, small block engine options for the Lark in the mid '60s. Studebaker people hoped and did some designs for a revised 1967 Lark, but the car business was sadly shut down before that could happen. Production finished in Canada I think.

Ah, the mention of Studebaker brings back many fond memories. The car I got to drive almost all the time was a '51 Studebaker Land Cruiser. It had two great things going for it.
1. It always started no matter the weather or anything else.
2. It was huge inside so it was the go to car for the drive in movies.

But it wasn't the hottest thing on the road and the looks were certainly unique.

Then dad bought a '61 Studebaker Lark station wagon my senior year of high school. I though 'ugh'! Until I drove it and romped down on the gas pedal, that thing would FLY! :)

I cant really make a judgement because the only car that I have owned that could possibly be considered a muscle car is a 1988 toyota supra turbo first car I ever owned at 16.
Now I do like the 64 Pontiac GTO's.

My favorite non Studebaker is a '67 GTO.
Ah, the mention of Studebaker brings back many fond memories. The car I got to drive almost all the time was a '51 Studebaker Land Cruiser. It had two great things going for it.
1. It always started no matter the weather or anything else.
2. It was huge inside so it was the go to car for the drive in movies.

But it wasn't the hottest thing on the road and the looks were certainly unique.

Then dad bought a '61 Studebaker Lark station wagon my senior year of high school. I though 'ugh'! Until I drove it and romped down on the gas pedal, that thing would FLY! :)

I've got a '61 Lark wagon, but it has the 6 cylinder, so it doesn't fly anywhere! The 8 would have been either a 259 or 289 as an option. They were both pretty peppy since the car was so light.

My first car was a '59 Lark IV, and then I bought my '55 Chev for $300 :) I had a '68 GTO Judge for awhile and went back to my '55.

My first new car was a '65 Mustang GT350, or at least I think that was the model. Got 271HP our of the 289CI engine in it.

My first new car was a '65 Mustang GT350, or at least I think that was the model. Got 271HP our of the 289CI engine in it.

GT350 was the designation for the 1965/6 Shelby Mustangs. You probably would have known if you had one of those. Shelby took a stock Mustang fastback, lowered the suspension and added about 30 HP. My sister owned a 1966 GT-350. I had to settle for a 66 Mustang GT Convertible, also with the 271 HP K code engine and 4 speed.

From the unusual side of the ledger I would add the Matador X 401 Coupe, and the Olds Rallye 350 insurance premium fighter!

Matador X

171231-500-0.jpg

97694-500-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)