Best OTA Antenna Options (can't use roof or attic)?

If he's on the "wrong" side of his building in relation to the towers, it may tell him he can get the channels when in fact he can't. It does ask if there's "any buildings, steeples, towers, or other structures taller than four stories within four blocks of your location". The same building someone lives in could be the problem. In his case though, it sounds like he's generally facing the right direction.
Not quite.

I live on the southwest corner of the building. My balcony faces west. Most of my signals are coming from the southeast.

I tried moving my antenna from my living room (the balcony is off the living room) to the corner bedroom, which has a windows facing south and west. The south window gives me a straight shot southeast. Unfortunately, my signal for PBS, channel 25 (11.0 miles away, but has a notoriously weak signal), was about the same as it was in my living room. I suspect that whatever increase in signal strength I acheived from antenna placement was offset by having a 100 foot wire from the Terk TV20 to the HDTV.

You could hang one of these on a wall and call it "modern" art!

TD-DB2_zoom.gif

Antennas Direct DB2 UHF HDTV Antenna (DB2) | Antennas Direct [DB2] DB-2 d-B2 db 2

Indoor antennas can be great: 1) They're kept indoors, away from the elements. 2) They're normally bought at retail stores locally and that have trouble-free return policies. 3) They might work.

Indoor antennas can be great: 1) They're kept indoors, away from the elements. 2) They're normally bought at retail stores locally and that have trouble-free return policies. 3) They might work.
Unfortunately, I can't find any store in the Cleveland area that carries either of the 2 antennas referenced above. Can you think of a chain store that carries either of these? Most of the chain stores have at least one location around Cleveland.

It is art, in composition, the simplicity of design and it’s functionality...the scale of the strong vertical and horizontal grid pattern, and how it’s bisected by those recurring diagonals is pure genius.
I just put an Antennas Direct DB2 on my balcony. It's a huge improvement over my Terk TV20. I now get additional channels, the channels I already got come in better, and I don't have to turn the antenna when I change channels. Also, their customer service people are superb. Thanks.

If you are less than 20 miles away from the xmiters, using the Amp may be why you are not getting a signal from stations like your NBC. here in WPB, that is usually the first issue for folks trying to get any of the local stations. the signal is too strong, and the receiver cannot decode it.

hit the antennaweb site that someone posted. It really is the best place to start, and look over on the AVforums website for your city. I've found the folks there to be a wonderful resource about what setups they have for your local city.

Heck, they helped me get setup to pickup Miami and West Palm beach.

Just be aware that you do need to pay for the locals so you do get guide data.

Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)