Best Package for new sub?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWhite

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
Can anyone give me a good idea about the best deal or best discounts to get for a new subscriber.
This is for my MIL. She used to subscribe to DirecTV a few years ago. Will she be considered a new sub again or is she forever in their system? What if her husband signs up instead? Does it go by address?

What she needs:
New HD dish and install
new HD-DVR
new regular Ird.
Some kind of HD tier?
NFL Sunday Package, with HD games too?

Anyone know the best way going about getting a great deal, free HD dvr and discounts or anything? She is currently on TW cable.

Thanks for the help.

You can shotgun it by building the package you want on the DirecTV website, then look into offers like the above link, or give them a call to see if they care to sweeten the deal in order to get you to place the order.

For what it's worth. I was a Directv customer 3.5 years ago and I just got a brochure in the mail this week offering the same deal to comeback to Directv that the new customers are getting. I took the plunge as the new HD channels that are coming online are too much to pass up. Call me an HD junkie......like most on this forum.:)

I have never been a sat customer and the thing that turns me off to DirecTV is the up-front costs. They seem to want like 5-600 bucks just to set up a simple two-HDTV DVR install. Why is that and is there any way around it?

If I understand you correctly, you want to install 2 HD/DVR's in your house and wonder why D* wants to charge you 5-600 dollars for it?

The purchase price of the HR20 is somewhere in the vicinity of 7-800 dollars each to own them. The upfront lease cost for each is around $300 but some people have been able to get them for much less than that. In addition, the dish required for the new HD channels costs around $150, plus you've got to figure the cost of sending a technician out to do your "simple" install.

D* factors in all of these things plus others like your credit rating, your credit history with other providers, and what promotions they are currently offering when determining how much they are going to charge you for your equipment and installation. It also depends upon which CSR you happen to talk to, and how you "present" yourself on the phone with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)