Best place to get a new Hopper

Yankeeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Arkansas
Found out from the main office in Co it would be 15.00 bucks for them to come out and install a hopper. Next question is where is the best place to get one from ? i was thinking soild signal

Found out from the main office in Co it would be 15.00 bucks for them to come out and install a hopper. Next question is where is the best place to get one from ? i was thinking soild signal

Didn't they give you an upgrade price?

If you buy it instead of leasing it then you can sell it when you are done with it or reactivate it when you want. Another advantage to owning it is that you do not have to pay the return shipping fees when you cancel, have no contract and can subscribe to a lower subscription package if you are not under a certain contract.

Also DishDepot.com has the Hopper with Sling for $199. You might be able to trade it in someday for a newer model. I traded in two 722s for two new Hoppers with Sling.

If you buy it instead of leasing it then you can sell it when you are done with it or reactivate it when you want. Another advantage to owning it is that you do not have to pay the return shipping fees when you cancel, have no contract and can subscribe to a lower subscription package if you are not under a certain contract.

if you activate and deactivate a hopper for a guest room what happens with that grandfathered fee increase on 5/23?

Let's say I buy a hopper today, but want to turn it off for a few months later in the year. Would you be subjected to the higher rate when the Hopper is reactivated on the account?

At least with a Joey, it's staying at $7 a month.

if you activate and deactivate a hopper for a guest room what happens with that grandfathered fee increase on 5/23?

Let's say I buy a hopper today, but want to turn it off for a few months later in the year. Would you be subjected to the higher rate when the Hopper is reactivated on the account?

At least with a Joey, it's staying at $7 a month.

Oh boy, I'd sure like to know the answer to this one. Before my install Monday, hopefully. Specifically, if I deactivate two owned Joeys and just keep the 2 Hoppers active most of the time.

Question for you guys. I was thinking about buying a HWS and replacing one of our Hopper 2000's. I have the PP on our account. What I am wondering is if something goes wrong with our owned HWS is it covered? If so when they replace it is back to a lease?

This question is for sh*ts and giggles. Say I want to keep my Hopper 2000 and have 3 Hoppers if I call Dish will they send a tech out to install it? If so how much is it for installation? Thanks again guys for the help!

Leased or owned, Dish will replace if you have PP....+shipping if you don't. For an install, $15.00, with PP.

I haven't been paying much attention to the Hopper/Joey threads, BUT...

I have four ViP211s currently (owned) on a DPP44 from a 1000.2 western arc. I would like to have one TV with a dual tuner option, so it is either a 722 or a Hopper.

Has Dish relented yet allowing you to install a Hopper/Joey while retaining a pair of older receivers? I don't want to swap over completely yet (two of my 211s were replaced and have warranty till 2014).

I am about two hours from the nearest installer and have always done my own installs. If I buy the Hopper can I do my own install?

If you switch to the Hopper then DISH will only let you have one 211 for use with a Tailgater. You can not use any older equipment (like a 722) on an account with a Hopper.

2 related questions

visiter555 ask "If I buy the Hopper can I do my own install?"
Can that be done, buy a hopper for example at dishdepot, install it (with all the switches and nodes) and then call dish just to activate it?

And How do you trade in with dishdepot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts