Best PlusPack?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hausbro

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Wasup all?

I know this is probably going to be a matter of opinion, but I need some serious advice. I'm looking at getting one of the PlusPack and want to know what everyone thinks of the different Packs. I'm really into movies and not so much of the 'series shows' that HBO runs.

What's everyone's take on the packages?

Thanks!

STARZ is the best. I tried HBO, Cinamax and now am keeping STARZ. The Pluspack is amazing for movie selection... IMHO.

I had all of them for a few months and finally ended up with HBO. Not so much for series, but primarily for movies. I concluded that I watched more movies on HBO than on any other premium pack. Starz was my second choice, but I was very disappointed with them: they showed several new movies in upconverted 4:3 SD. HBO seems to be more commited to HD.

The cable service in this area bundles HBO and Cinemax for $15, I really like Cinemax and HBO, they also premier a new movie every weekend to their lineup, the PQ is pretty damn good on those channels too (Bad Boys II is pretty damn good some mosaic effects in dark areas though)... personally if I had to choose only 1 it would be HBO with Cinemax in a close second. The Movie Channel is a joke, but Starz is ok... I don't consider it worth the $15.

Why doesn't VOOM bundle HBO and Cinemax together. Don't Dish and DirecTV do that? When I used to ahve Dish we got all the HBO and Cinemax together in one package.

I know! Hbo and Cinemax even ADVERTISE together... (Maybe owned by the same company?!?!!)

EDIT: VVV Only 1 HD Channel? BaH! Get Skinemax and wait until their after 11pm shows get the HD transfer treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts