Best Receiver For FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
a search might have helped ;)

Check the review area. There is reviews on a fair amount of receivers there.

When I've seen posts in the past asking about this, and the replies indicated that two models stood out, in order of perceived preference, the Coolsat 5000 and the Pansat 6000. I have no personal hands-on with either, but, it may help to start you out on your hunt.

thanks alot

When I've seen posts in the past asking about this, and the replies indicated that two models stood out, in order of perceived preference, the Coolsat 5000 and the Pansat 6000. I have no personal hands-on with either, but, it may help to start you out on your hunt.

ok thanks

Pansat 6000 ? will it let me move my dish East - West Like my receiver will now? or do i plug it into my analog receiver?

most of the FTA boxes will not control a big dish. You need a V-Box II to do that. Otherwise use the analog box to move the dish :)

Off the top of my head, manufacturers that make DVB receivers with the ability to control your actuator/polarizer:

Manhattan
Satcruiser
Topfield
Echostar

Pansat 6000 ? will it let me move my dish East - West Like my receiver will now? or do i plug it into my analog receiver?

If you want your DVB receiver to control your BUD, I would recommend the V-BOX II controller. That way you don't have to swicth back and forth between your Analog and DVB receivers.

The V-BOX II got some good reviews and people who use it like it.

The Traxis dbs3500 is nice, I could not really say if any are the best one out there, Pansat, Coolsat, are also good along with others.

You've had several threads asking about which of various things are "the best". The answers to these questions are totally dependent on how you intend to use it, there is no "the best", depends on the context.

agreed :)

just check out the review area and see the different options. Everyone has "their favorite" one :)

the pansat 3500 sd will control polarity on the big dish but is not able to move the dish itself. I move my dish with an old toshiba analogue receiver. and the pansat 3500 works fine with c-band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)