Best Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

electricman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
I have a ten foot dish and a 4DTV 922. I would like to get a MPEG-2 FTA receiver but can't decide which one would be the best. I have been looking at a Satwork ST3688 Blind Search receiver, and a Pansat 2500A MPEG-2 receiver. I appreciate any pro's or cons about either one.
Thanks in advance
Electricman :confused:

Welcome elctricman! :)

I have a Pansat 1500 (the little brother to the 2500) and I love it!

The 2500 has AC3 output...there are some PBS channels on AMC3 that are AC3 output. The 3688 doesnt have that option. Both have a scan option to find new stuff

Another option is a Fortec Ultra...It has most of the same features as a 2500

Hello, I am with Iceberg on this one, I like the Fortec, but if you dont need the KU receiver to move the dish using USALS save some $ and go for the Satwork (IMO)

No prob. Iceberg......

"Another option is a Fortec Ultra...It has most of the same features as a 2500"

Can you tell the "members" what features the 2500 has that the Fortec Lifetime Ultra does not have?
As far as I can tell the Fortec has the slight edge....

1. There are NO dummy channels on a DBS POWER Scan
2. There are no Fortec Clones being sold direct from the North American Importer! (unlike the recent Pansat clone scandal)

PSB said:
1. There are NO dummy channels on a DBS POWER Scan

Damn....didn't know that :)

That is a BIG flaw of the Pansat if you scan the DBS birds (Dish network) to see if there is anything new that is FTA. What the Pansat does is for every transponder it scans, it puts 13 "dummy" channels in the list. There is nothing on these (the PIDS are all zeroes). All it does is clog up your channel list and frankly it sucks

And don't forget the NEW Fortec Lifetime Ultra "2005" shortly hitting the shelves!
Cant wait for that!

The new one has a smiley face and the old one looks kind of sad?

I dont know but I am on it!

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the Fortec Star Ultra Brian, didn't think they could make it much better : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts