Best Recievers for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike_augie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
S.W. Okla
I was just wondering....I am in the need for a HD reciver for a second reciever for the bedroom (not a dvr)... I have a HR 10-250 in the living room and I have been trying to deside which one to get for the bedroom...any help would be app. Just am not sure which one I need to buy and also looking at price....but would like it to be able to get the OKC locals in HD when and if they ever come on... (if ever)....

mike_augie said:
I was just wondering....I am in the need for a HD reciver for a second reciever for the bedroom (not a dvr)... I have a HR 10-250 in the living room and I have been trying to deside which one to get for the bedroom...any help would be app. Just am not sure which one I need to buy and also looking at price....but would like it to be able to get the OKC locals in HD when and if they ever come on... (if ever)....

Well if your refering to "Buying" as from like D* or CC or BB type of place, and need a HD rec. the H-10 and H-20 are the only ones available to you. If you want something else, check ebay type forums

Jimbo

As noted here http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?CAT=DirecTV Receivers&PROD=H10 the H10 is discontinued. The H20 has replaced it and while I never owned/used the H10, every account I have read says the H20 is better.

Certainly the H20 is better than the Sammy 360 I had. I liked the Sammy - thought it was great - until I got the H20 which has better PQ and better OTA reception. Some complain about the software but that will improve. The H20 electronics are better.

Dana

drbonbi said:
As noted here http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?CAT=DirecTV Receivers&PROD=H10 the H10 is discontinued. The H20 has replaced it and while I never owned/used the H10, every account I have read says the H20 is better.

Certainly the H20 is better than the Sammy 360 I had. I liked the Sammy - thought it was great - until I got the H20 which has better PQ and better OTA reception. Some complain about the software but that will improve. The H20 electronics are better.

Dana

The h-20 would be the way to go, seeing it has the new Mpeg 4 technology in it, also as mention, has a much better OTA tuner.

I currently have a H-10 so I can't tell you if the picture quality is any better

Jimbo

I am hoping that the new Mpeg4 HD DVR will be another step in improvements, I am waiting for that unit to come out and try that, as I need a true HD DVR, and did not want to move to the H-20 only to change again in 6 months

Last edited:
If you buy an H20 before 2/28/06, price should not be an issue, since D* is offering a $200 rebate against the $200 cost. :)

mcbeevee said:
If you buy an H20 before 2/28/06, price should not be an issue, since D* is offering a $200 rebate against the $200 cost. :)

Correct, but you should buy and activate before 2/28/06 so you get the $200 rebate and own your HD receiver.

When you order from us we include our exclusive 5 yr. warranty, no sales tax and lower shipping costs.

Now is the best time to take advantage of owning your own advanced HD and DVR equipment for free or very little.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts