Best satellite for Olympics (Ku)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CacheFreeTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Utah
I've got my WS 9036 dish currently pointed at Galaxy 19 - no motor drive - with an Openbox S10, X2-M1, and an X2 premium receiver. I want to re-aim the dish to watch the Winter Olympics, and I only want to re-aim the dish once (It's cold outside!!).

Any suggestions on what bird to aim for? AMC1 vs. AMC9?

Also, any thoughts on what other birds / channels may have Olympics coverage? I don't care what language it's in, the video feed is all that matters.

SES-4 (22W) and NSS-7 (20W) are the pond hoppers NBC will be using to grab the events live.

So I'd say they're your best bet.

SES-4 (22W) and NSS-7 (20W) are the pond hoppers NBC will be using to grab the events live.

Thanks, but I forgot to mention, I'm in Utah. So 20w / 22w are not good for me.
Out of curiosity, however, how far west do you figure that 20/22w would be usable?

103w will possibly be best. I haven't tried scanning the c-band side of it yet, but out of curiosity I'll do that later.

Last edited:
103w will possibly be best. I haven't tried scanning the c-band side of it yet, but out of curiosity I'll do that later.

Your Ku setup is the same as mine - it will be interesting to see what you can get. I have no C-band here until I can locate an unloved BUD in a farmers field free for the taking!

What signals are you seeing and what size dish?.I have had 0 luck with a motorized 90cm Ariza here on the east coast.I tried yesterday with a 1m Ch Master and no luck on either sat.Not 100% sure if it was location or dish size or a combination of both...Dug a hole last night and set a pole in a much better part of the yard and when the concrete sets I will put a 1.2 Ch Master there in time for Hockey games on the 12th.

Will report back on what I see and hopefully ITC.

I've got my WS 9036 dish currently pointed at Galaxy 19 - no motor drive - with an Openbox S10, X2-M1, and an X2 premium receiver. I want to re-aim the dish to watch the Winter Olympics, and I only want to re-aim the dish once (It's cold outside!!).

Any suggestions on what bird to aim for? AMC1 vs. AMC9?

Also, any thoughts on what other birds / channels may have Olympics coverage? I don't care what language it's in, the video feed is all that matters.

I have seen nbc last olympics wintering on amc 1/3/4/5/9; and however pleasing they are; it is very rare on today's ppv premiers. The feeds have setup time; and feeding is allowed when they test the real waves of Ku only; eventually you.will find them sending fta in h.264 1080p ac-3 at 16psk instead of dvb-s2; it is now addressable to many service oriented providers in massive bandwidths; then served down to the local producers either live; or on morex! NBC !!!

with the band in low cost being C Band here in America. Russia does have a satellite on the lower west used to be near 148; that is their feed into US and North American markets

. I can still look with a motorized 36"; or even c band with a 4' mini; they do not have our broadcast however; and require only
They were an analog signal; and were not inverted ku; needed a sw to turn off inversion. And ku sized dish one polarity; one tp.
I do have 4dtv for analogs and positioning

an input of the pcr vid and aid all that was required the last time i went investment banking; in Russia! Excuse me while i find out what the gunfire is about outside!!! They do not show any tp's; but they do exist as satellite signals!

Remember Russia use 50 Hz, video 576i or 1080i formats.:)

Besides, NBC converts rest of the video's feeds to 60 Hz the we use here in the USA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts