Best setup for 322 in RV!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the_buzz_man

Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
I want to be able to take my 322 receiver with me when camping and would like to know what all I would need to get it working.

I planned on getting a DISH 500 with a tripod off of ebay, but wanted to make sure nothing else was needed. Someone mentioned needing a "switch21", but I wasn't sure if it was really needed as I don't notice one on my home system. My home system is using a DISH 1000 going to both the 322 and a 622. I don't need another DISH 1000 b/c I won't be needing the HD when camping (yet :) )

I appreciate any advice that can be given.

the_buzz_man

No you do not need a switch 21. You will need a Dish Pro Plus LNB. Yes a 500 and tripod would work just fine. You could use a Dish Pro Twin, but you would then need 2 lines to the reciver instead of 1.

No you do not need a switch 21. You will need a Dish Pro Plus LNB. Yes a 500 and tripod would work just fine. You could use a Dish Pro Twin, but you would then need 2 lines to the reciver instead of 1.

The kit I am looking to buy from ebay comes with "Dish 500 with twin LNB(two outputs)" So, I take it that I will be running two sets of coax from the dish itself. I would then use a diplexer to go to one cable to feed into the RV, then another diplexer to go back to two inputs to go into the receiver. Does this sound correct or am I missing something. Are the diplexers they sell at Lowes good enough to use?

Also, I was told that using the jack loacted on the outside of the RV may cause the system to malfunction because it would not be good enough quality. Is this true or not?

Once again, I appreciate all the input.

the_buzz_man

The kit I am looking to buy from ebay comes with "Dish 500 with twin LNB(two outputs)" So, I take it that I will be running two sets of coax from the dish itself. I would then use a diplexer to go to one cable to feed into the RV, then another diplexer to go back to two inputs to go into the receiver. Does this sound correct or am I missing something. Are the diplexers they sell at Lowes good enough to use?

Also, I was told that using the jack loacted on the outside of the RV may cause the system to malfunction because it would not be good enough quality. Is this true or not?

Once again, I appreciate all the input.

the_buzz_man

no sir, that wont work... that is not what a diplexer is used for.
as mentioned above, to use a dual tuner receiver over a single coax, you will need a DishProPlus twin LNB, and a DishProPlus Seperator at the back of the receiver. use of the dish proplus stuff allows the receiver to use a sort of bandstacking to combine the feeds and then seperate them back out, a diplexer will not do that.

and some rv's wiring do not work right with the satellite as they are. If you have a fancy wall plate with a switch built into it for cable/satellite/ and an amplified antenna, i can guarantee it will not work, i run into those all the time, but if you lose the wall plate it normally will work

OK, I am starting to get it now. No need for diplexers.

I will be using a dual-tuner receiver (322), but I will only be using the 1st tuner, as the RV will only have one TV. In this case, will I still need the DishProPlus Seperator to split it into the Sat1 & Sat2 input of the receiver or could I get by with just hooking it up to the Sat1. What I am trying to figure out is if the Sat1/Sat2 connectors on the back of the receiver are for different sat signals (110/119) or is that where the split for the dual tuners are made.

the_buzz_man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)