Best Small Multi-Directional Antenna

pete409

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I live in the Scanton/Wilkes Barre area and all of the local HD's are less than 15 miles away. I thought I would have luck with an indoor antenna but got nothing. Any suggestions.

Difficulty, I am not very technical as far as antennas are concerned and not very handy so the simplest installation would be awesome.

Thanks.

Could give the CM 4221 or 4228 a try. Heck VHF/UFH rabbit ears might even work too based on your info. What is your zip code? What device are you trying to feed? TV, DBS, etc and what is that make & model?

DTVAntenna
TypeCall SignChannelNetworkCityStateLive
DateCompass
OrientationMiles
FromFrequency
Assignmentyellow - uhfWOLF56FOXPENOBOAT MOUNTAINPA160°4.656*yellow - uhfWOLF-DT56.1FOXHAZLETONPA160°4.645yellow - uhfWSWB38CWSCRANTON PA47°16.638*yellow - uhfWSWB-DT38.1CWSCRANTONPA47°16.631yellow - uhfWQPX64IONSCRANTON PA48°16.764*yellow - uhfWQPX-DT64.1IONSCRANTONPA46°15.532yellow - uhfWNEP16ABCSCRANTONPA162°4.516*yellow - uhfWNEP-DT16.1ABCSCRANTONPA160°4.649yellow - uhfWYOU22CBSSCRANTON PA163°4.522*yellow - vhfWYOU-DT22.1CBSSCRANTONPA163°4.513yellow - uhfWVIA44PBSSCRANTONPA162°4.744*yellow - uhfWVIA-DT44.1PBSSCRANTONPA162°4.741yellow - uhfWBRE28NBCWILKES-BARRE PA159°4.728*yellow - vhfWBRE-DT28.1NBCWILKES-BARREPA163°4.511

Here is a better representation of your Antennaweb results for others to read (easy on the eyes); I guessed with zip 18706. I still claim you should try the make & model I listed above (aimed correctly) even though WBRE and WYOU are listed as VHF; they are VHF-high and very close to you.

Dare I ask the make & model of the indoor you already tried? At that range I have seen rabbit ears pull great results.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
I had a silver sensor indoor antenna that worked well for all but one of my OTA channels. I had one (CW) that was 30 miles from me. The db2 picks up all my local HD and I have it in the attic. I am also able to pick up the CW now with 0 drop outs and it is 30 miles out. This antenna does not seem to be directional which worked well for me.

The AntennasDirect DB-2 and the Channel Master 4220

Basically the same antenna as the CM's

DB2 about $40

CM 4221A $24

CM 4220 $24

There in lies my recommendation over the DB series.

Here is a better representation of your Antennaweb results for others to read (easy on the eyes); I guessed with zip 18706. I still claim you should try the make & model I listed above (aimed correctly) even though WBRE and WYOU are listed as VHF; they are VHF-high and very close to you.

Dare I ask the make & model of the indoor you already tried? At that range I have seen rabbit ears pull great results.

Silver Sensor Digital HDTV UHF Indoor Antenna - ZHDTV1 is the one I tried but had no luck at all. I couldn't even get the SD locals, which I found to be very odd. I do live in a valley which I've read could be a problem. Perhaps I am just doing something wrong. I had it hooked up correctly and then tuned into the actual stations and got nothing. In hindsight I noticed my TV does have a digital scan feature which I never tried. Don't know if that would make any difference since I knew what channels to go to...

By the way, here is my TV if this helps... Sony 46" Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV In Black - KDF46E2000

Thats the same Sony I have. Hit menu on the remote and go into setup. You have to scan the channels for each input. I have basic cable ( to get my Inet connection) and an atenna hooked up to the tv. I change the input manually to watch OTA. The ATSC tuner in the Sony has worked well for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)