Best smartphone out there

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For $90???

I used to have a really strong anti-Apple bias, and for the life of me now, I can't even tell you why. I never liked the iPod Touch's interface when it came out, and that - along wth the iPhone's unavailability on VZW - biased me against the iPhone. My experience with the iPad has changed my views, but I am still not convinced, if you handed me a free iPhone 5 tomorrow, that I would be happy with its keyboard.

At the same time, my experience with the iPad has demonstrated clearly to me that the development of iOS apps is generally miles ahead of Android ones. The same companies that have Android and iOS apps, always manage to make the iOS app better. Great example: Facebook for Android sucks big time compared with Facebook for iPhone. (I know this because I have the iPhone app on my iPad, until there is a native ipad app). Same with Foursquare, and several other programs I have explored.

100% agree with the application differences. I am actually looking forward to the iPhone 5 announcement as my 1 year upgrade is almost here. I would love to have a iPhone with a 4 or 4.3" screen. If this happens I will dump my android phone once again.

100% agree with the application differences. I am actually looking forward to the iPhone 5 announcement as my 1 year upgrade is almost here. I would love to have a iPhone with a 4 or 4.3" screen. If this happens I will dump my android phone once again.

If the photo of that possible iPhone 5 in the other thread is accurate, I'd be very tempted. It just looks nice. Big screen (having a 4.3" screen is hard to step back from), and that rubberized back just look cool.

If the photo of that possible iPhone 5 in the other thread is accurate, I'd be very tempted. It just looks nice. Big screen (having a 4.3" screen is hard to step back from), and that rubberized back just look cool.

Only thing that killed the iPhone 4 for me was the small screen. Going from the EVO to the iPhone's screen size was a disappointment. I would also really like a FM tuner as I use the one on my Inspire all of the time.

Only thing that killed the iPhone 4 for me was the small screen. Going from the EVO to the iPhone's screen size was a disappointment. I would also really like a FM tuner as I use the one on my Inspire all of the time.

I think it would be very difficult to go back to that small screen. I have never used an FM tuner on any phone, so its not an issue for me. I can see how it would be though.

The thing that is important is the ability to easily use google services. On the iPad it works great; gmail and my work imap mail integrate well; dropbox makes it so I don't have to use itunes to sync documents, google calendar works in place of iCal; since all of these things would work on the iPhone, it would not be an issue. THE ONE THING that I would be very very leery of -- is the lack of removable batteries on iOS devices. The iPad is big enough that the battery can easily go all day, but the iPhone? Much more challenging. Of course I do have an external New Trent 11.1Ah battery that provides juice for all of my devices when I need it, but its not something you can just stick in your pocket.

I'm sticking with my EVO 4g. I love HTC phones so i would recommend one but if you're looking for the biggest screen size definitely don't go with the EVO 3d. Besides, i find 3D on a phone to be useless. There's a reason why I'm not running to upgrade my EVO 4g. I honestly recommend you ride it out for awhile longer with what you got.

THE ONE THING that I would be very very leery of -- is the lack of removable batteries on iOS devices. The iPad is big enough that the battery can easily go all day, but the iPhone? Much more challenging. Of course I do have an external New Trent 11.1Ah battery that provides juice for all of my devices when I need it, but its not something you can just stick in your pocket.

The iPhone battery has been one of the best I have seen so far. It last quite a bit longer than any Android phone that I have used. I could easily make it through the entire day of heavy use and not have any issues.

The iPhone battery has been one of the best I have seen so far. It last quite a bit longer than any Android phone that I have used. I could easily make it through the entire day of heavy use and not have any issues.

Really? Well that is good to know. I was not under that impression.

I'm sticking with my EVO 4g. I love HTC phones so i would recommend one but if you're looking for the biggest screen size definitely don't go with the EVO 3d. Besides, i find 3D on a phone to be useless. There's a reason why I'm not running to upgrade my EVO 4g. I honestly recommend you ride it out for awhile longer with what you got.

I feel the same way

For $90???

I used to have a really strong anti-Apple bias, and for the life of me now, I can't even tell you why. I never liked the iPod Touch's interface when it came out, and that - along wth the iPhone's unavailability on VZW - biased me against the iPhone. My experience with the iPad has changed my views, but I am still not convinced, if you handed me a free iPhone 5 tomorrow, that I would be happy with its keyboard.

At the same time, my experience with the iPad has demonstrated clearly to me that the development of iOS apps is generally miles ahead of Android ones. The same companies that have Android and iOS apps, always manage to make the iOS app better. Great example: Facebook for Android sucks big time compared with Facebook for iPhone. (I know this because I have the iPhone app on my iPad, until there is a native ipad app). Same with Foursquare, and several other programs I have explored.

Right now I agree about the quality of the apps. Do you think it has in the past had to do with androids fragmentation or iOS having a greater market share, and with android now being (or becoming) the dominant force, will that change? Or will fragmentation still hold them back in that regard? I do know that they are going to a more spaced out update schedule according to most sources, perhaps that will help.

If they keep gaining market share, developers cant afford to put them in the second slot IMO.

Even though gingerbread has helped with battery life, I purchased a battery from ebay that claims 2000 mah. I thought it was bs. Especially being from China but i was wrong. I turn on my phone at 5:30am and by 7 or 8pm I still have juice. This is with a good amount of use.

Right now I agree about the quality of the apps. Do you think it has in the past had to do with androids fragmentation or iOS having a greater market share, and with android now being (or becoming) the dominant force, will that change? Or will fragmentation still hold them back in that regard? I do know that they are going to a more spaced out update schedule according to most sources, perhaps that will help.

If they keep gaining market share, developers cant afford to put them in the second slot IMO.

I personally think it has a lot to do with the Apple approval process. They demand so much of the apps that I think developers spend much more time with the apps for iOS over Android. But then again this is just my guess.

isaacmorseMI said:
The 7 inch or the 10.1?

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

7, I believe. It is about the same size and dimension as a nook. I am getting it through my work. They are moving towards on-line e-readers & tablet education.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
JAG72 said:

Our contract ended over a year ago and we can get the iPhone 4 now if we want. We too are going to wait for the 5 and see if it is worth the upgrade or if we can get a 4 then for even less money. It also depends if the 5 will be Jailbreakable.

Even though gingerbread has helped with battery life, I purchased a battery from ebay that claims 2000 mah. I thought it was bs. Especially being from China but i was wrong. I turn on my phone at 5:30am and by 7 or 8pm I still have juice. This is with a good amount of use.

I have a 2750 mah extended one in my ThunderBolt. It has lasted at least a full day or more.

I Love Android! Some phones are spec beasts.. That being said the programers need to be kicked in da butt!! Android has so much more potential and it's not being utilized because of very poor programming!! It would be hard for me to not have at least a 4.3 inch screen. At the same time android better get their programmers in line.. I have three android phones and not in any contract. I have jail broken let's just say a few iphones and other things.

39707895855757158934.jpg

I Love Android! Some phones are spec beasts.. That being said the programers need to be kicked in da butt!! Android has so much more potential and it's not being utilized because of very poor programming!! It would be hard for me to not have at least a 4.3 inch screen. At the same time android better get their programmers in line.. I have three android phones and not in any contract. I have jail broken let's just say a few iphones and other things.

It is a huge problem. Inconsistency in terms of app quality, and the not-quite open-source nature of the devices (I say not quite because the damn carriers take away the open source value), are making it no where as good as it could be. Apple might be evil, but there is one phone, with one set of rules, and like it or not tech geeks, iOS developers have done a great job building high quality apps for that OS. plus with just ONE current device, there is less concern about getting apps to work across devices with numerous physicial configurations and different operating systems.

DodgerKing said:
7, I believe. It is about the same size and dimension as a nook. I am getting it through my work. They are moving towards on-line e-readers & tablet education.

Just got it and am now testing it out with this post

Sent from my Samgung GALAXY tab using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)