Best Switch To Install 36 Receivers?

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ok this is really my working around the problem I asked about before. I've pretty much come to the conclusion my issue is most likely a switch problem since it wasn't exactly dish recommended switches.

I'm looking to use a Dish supported switch (such as a DP34) but from what I'm reading they only support 3 cascaded switches before they experience full loss. I'm looking at needing approximately 10 - 12 switches based on the floors in which the receivers are located. Will a DP34 provide enough power for all of those receivers to get signal or is there another switch I should be looking at? Should I look into some sort of amplifier for the system if I go this route and if so which one would you recommend.

I apologize for the number of questions on this as it's really a pain in the ass and since I've gotten a lot of information from this site in the past for my personal setup I'm hoping to have the same luck here and get this nuisance resolved.

I would suggest going right to DISH Commercial dept for installation answers.

I tried them... they told me to contact a local installer. After contacting several, with only one of them showing up, I discovered that they had even less of an idea than myself at trying to figure out the problem.

Ok this is really my working around the problem I asked about before. I've pretty much come to the conclusion my issue is most likely a switch problem since it wasn't exactly dish recommended switches.

I'm looking to use a Dish supported switch (such as a DP34) but from what I'm reading they only support 3 cascaded switches before they experience full loss. I'm looking at needing approximately 10 - 12 switches based on the floors in which the receivers are located. Will a DP34 provide enough power for all of those receivers to get signal or is there another switch I should be looking at? Should I look into some sort of amplifier for the system if I go this route and if so which one would you recommend.

I apologize for the number of questions on this as it's really a pain in the ass and since I've gotten a lot of information from this site in the past for my personal setup I'm hoping to have the same luck here and get this nuisance resolved.

1 dish for each sat location. DP single on each one. 1 line coming from each LNBF going into a 3 way HF Power Pass splitter. (One splitter for each line) Each line going into a bank of DPP44 switches. You have 3 sets of 3 cascaded 44 switches. This gives you 36 ports. I'll draw a diagram if I'm not explaining it adequately.

1 dish for each sat location. DP single on each one. 1 line coming from each LNBF going into a 3 way HF Power Pass splitter. (One splitter for each line) Each line going into a bank of DPP44 switches. You have 3 sets of 3 cascaded 44 switches. This gives you 36 ports. I'll draw a diagram if I'm not explaining it adequately.
Why not use DP Duals each feeding a pair of DP splitters (two way) to feed a total of four banks for up to 12 DPP44 switches for 48 receivers. Use DPP44 switches instead of DP34 so each drop can feed a dual tuner receiver and each switch has it's own power.

Why not use DP Duals each feeding a pair of DP splitters (two way) to feed a total of four banks for up to 12 DPP44 switches for 48 receivers. Use DPP44 switches instead of DP34 so each drop can feed a dual tuner receiver and each switch has it's own power.

You could do that as well. Using duals with 2 way splitters would give you less db drop.

I have the little brother to that now running everything 8-way cascadable switch and that seems to be where the problem is.

As for what you suggested Tyralak that is one thing I was thinking of doing. I'm going to do more testing today and see what I come up with. It's more frustrating than anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)