Best time for news feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Hello all...

Wanted a few comments from the fourm on the best time to look for wild news feeds. Around local news timel? 10 minutes before hour? 10 minutes after the hour? Etc...

Thanks!

It's tough to be specific about feeds except maybe for some of the national that are on a set schedule. News happens all the time.

On CBS Newspath (IA6) 4-5 pm eastern is good to see some of the national stuff. Also a good time to catch tapings of national shows like Chris Matthews (Hardball SBS 6) and Chris Wallace (promos and other stuff for Fox News Sunday). BTW, Newspath has a website that lists everything they send out every day.

For local stuff if it's live obviously it will be on at the regular time. If you have an idea there might be a live feed on your local affiliate due to a special event, don't be surprised if you can't scan it until 5 minutes before. Most locals have to pay by the hour for sat time. Caught my local affilate at training camp on several occasions and had to be quick on the scan since you don't know what frequency they will be on.

Really any time after 4 eastern can be good since later in the night you can pick up west coast feeds or in the morning you can find stuff for noon.
------------------------------------------
Edit:

The web address for CBS Newspath is:

http://www.newspath.cbs.com/

Click on "Newspath Wires" and select any of the sub-menus.

The best feeds are the ones you just happen to find.

Blind Scan is a wonderful thing! :D

News happens at all different times, if its happening its on FTA!

Thanks for the responses...

That's what I've enjoyed the most so far about FTA...you never know what will pop up on wild feeds!!

And the 'behind the scenes' look at our media has been an eye opener... :shocked ...I never realized the 'spontaneous chatter' shared between reporters while on camera is not spontaneous at all...It's VERY well rehearsed!

Yeah, they don't do too much on the air "off the cuff", which makes sense I guess when you think about it. It really is an eye-opening experience seeing the behind the scenes stuff though.

I have had good luck looking between 4:30 - 5:00pm local time for each time zone. That is when local stations are preparing for their live shots for their evening news. At times I have sat and watched feeds from 4:30pm Eastern through 9:00pm Eastern (6:00pm Pacific)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)